Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He's going to give him a new staff and a GM to help in the future for the portal. Because Woodson now believes that he doesn't need HS kids anymore, he wants to use the portal to field a team from here on out. 

So turn it into an NBA team, because he was so good in the NBA.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He's going to give him a new staff and a GM to help in the future for the portal. Because Woodson now believes that he doesn't need HS kids anymore, he wants to use the portal to field a team from here on out. 

I think that’s an interesting approach at a place like Indiana to be honest.  Get the best high school guys you can and build from portal is honestly MAYBE a good way to go.   

it’s kind of unchartered territory right now because there isn’t enough 2-4 year data to compare.  But in general the top transfers are outperforming the top high school guys. 

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think that’s an interesting approach at a place like Indiana to be honest.  Get the best high school guys you can and build from portal is honestly MAYBE a good way to go.   

it’s kind of unchartered territory right now because their isn’t enough 2-4 year data to compare.  But in general the top transfers are outperforming the top high school guys. 

BUT even if that’s the strategy why rebuild with Woodson at his age and completely change philosophies when you are at best looking at 3-4 years.   I hate to keep coming back to age and length of coaching time left but that’s the kicker to me.  

Man I thought archie was a disaster but this is a whole new level. It's almost so far fetched you think it isn't even real.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

BUT even if that’s the strategy why rebuild with Woodson at his age and completely change philosophies when you are at best looking at 3-4 years.   I hate to keep coming back to age and length of coaching time left but that’s the kicker to me.  

By that point the program will be completely dead because Buckner wanted to protect his friend, so no need to worry.

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

....Wow, that is absolutely insane. Goodbye landing future Indiana Mr. Basketballs. This is totally NBA driven....

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Christ, I don't have enough bourbon on hand to drink that one away! Bourbon Run anyone? Please tell me this is only partially true and mostly rumor!

The real kicker after bringing him back will be.

May to Ohio State
Galloway to pursue
Siseley to purdue
Mullins to Notre Dam
Mm transfers
MR transfers
Ware goes pro

Just now, Hornsby said:

The real kicker after bringing him back will be.

May to Ohio State
Galloway to pursue
Siseley to purdue
Mullins to Notre Dam
Mm transfers
MR transfers
Ware goes pro

And Gunn and Banks transfer. No real loss but a whole new roster.............

Just now, reconmkd said:

Christ, I don't have enough bourbon on hand to drink that one away! Bourbon Run anyone? Please tell me this is only partially true and mostly rumor!

I wish it was. We're going to find out real soon how he does in the portal if he gets a 4th year. Seeing who enters the portal will make things very interesting. IF a couple guys enter it, I feel like we will have to make a change

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I wish it was. We're going to find out real soon how he does in the portal if he gets a 4th year. Seeing who enters the portal will make things very interesting. IF a couple guys enter it, I feel like we will have to make a change

In addition to Galloway, I saw a post today that says everyone but Cupps is rumored to be heading to the portal if Woody stays. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I will say if Dolson wanted to get the pressure turned up so he can make a change it's happening. 

I have thought the last week or so has been a result of the AD office turning the heat up. 

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

In addition to Galloway, I saw a post today that says everyone but Cupps is rumored to be heading to the portal if Woody stays. 

Cupps has interest from Xavier and Cincy from what I'm told. Maybe even more someone mentioned Dayton too.