Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

This is as bad as Calipari bringing in 6-7 freshman every year - only difference is they might have a few years of experience. But you’re constantly going to have to be trying to get a team that never been together to all of a sudden mesh  and then hope to make a deep run in the tournament.
We’ve seen what’s happened at Duke and Kentucky since they won their titles. Having multiple new players every year is just not the way to build a championship basketball team
Caligari brings in all 5 star players and its still a flawed system. Woodson cannot get that type of talent.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Saw on the Trilly discord, no idea if it's true, that UCONN has showed interest in Galloway. Would be a perfect place for him if I'm being honest. 

I’d be a UCONN fan for a year (especially at Woodson comes back). Love me some Galloway.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Good to see you in the mix @HoosierTownie

Any sense of where the in-town alumni base is headed re eventual resolution?

Most of those that I talk with are ready to move on, but a few are still firmly in MW's corner. 

My statement was in response to Chris talking about a new staff and GM and building through the portal every year.  I don't think that will produce a winning program, but more importantly, won't be agreeable to a big chunk of the fan base.  I think such a move will be the end of IU Basketball as we know it.

This is awful. Even if we did go the portal route only, there's no way we can compete with Duke, UNC, and  Kansas who's alumni really really love basketball and throw of ton of money in the pot. 

54 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He's going to give him a new staff and a GM to help in the future for the portal. Because Woodson now believes that he doesn't need HS kids anymore, he wants to use the portal to field a team from here on out. 

He didn't listen to the old staff.  WTF 

2 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

I’d be a UCONN fan for a year (especially at Woodson comes back). Love me some Galloway.

If we lose Galloway (a person all time fav of mine, been watching since 2001), but keep woody.  Man..that's funny.

7 minutes ago, Crazy about IU said:

Yes golf with Dave at Crestview . Yes Doug is my cousin. And Tim is a friend 

We went to Union until 1976 and then we moved out to Cowan area in 1976.  My dad coached Doug, Dave Brown, Tim & Kevin in little league.  I talk to Dave occasionally and he gets in my NCAA Bracket Challenge.  Small world.  You were about Jerry and Gisele Keesling’s age?  Maybe even Rick Wiseheart, can’t remember when he graduated 

And just reading the tea leaves I'm confident Dolson has his guy.  He wouldn't go to war like this if he didn't have a sure fire plan to fix this mess.  This is not Brad Stevens all over again.
I agree he has his guy and I admire his fight. Going to be very awkward next year if quinn refuses a new guy. Dolson and Woodson probably won't have too many chats.

Most of those that I talk with are ready to move on, but a few are still firmly in MW's corner. 
My statement was in response to Chris talking about a new staff and GM and building through the portal every year.  I don't think that will produce a winning program, but more importantly, won't be agreeable to a big chunk of the fan base.  I think such a move will be the end of IU Basketball as we know it.
Just go get an iu guy he will bring back iu bbal. Instead he brought us an NBA farm team.

We could change the thread title to IU Basketball Fan Group Therapy because if this wasn’t here I would be pulling my proverbial hair out with only my wife to listen to my complaints lol or maybe she’d be pulling her hair out from listening. Also, that change.org petition is going to reach its first goal before close of business…

17 minutes ago, HoosierTownie said:

Woodson couldn’t build chemistry with this team and had zero leadership either.  What makes QB, MW and company think they can do that with a portal team every year?  Didn’t Woodson say his defense is complicated to learn and it takes awhile but having players play in his system speeds up the process?  Our defense will get worse, not better and our chemistry will go in the crapper