Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

I will say if Dolson wanted to get the pressure turned up so he can make a change it's happening. 
I want to believe that Dolson and Whitten are standing in a hallway with bad lighting:

Scott: I don't know what else to do

Pam: Set em free Scott, set em free

Scott: Who?

Pam: The dogs of war

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don't think it's riding but a loss helps more than a win

.....welp, if there's is any validity to players NOT wanting to return to IU and play for Woodson next year, we may see two different situations.

#1. The team plays better than they have played all year and wins these next 2 plus a few in the BTT...(because players plan to leave and want their stock to go up for potential other schools) If this does happen, Coach Woodson would most likely be back and a few current player may decide to stick around.

#2. The team finally just flames out....(the surge was fools gold and players quickly hit the portal in frustration at season's end.)

JMO, 

Go IU!

26 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He's going to give him a new staff and a GM to help in the future for the portal. Because Woodson now believes that he doesn't need HS kids anymore, he wants to use the portal to field a team from here on out. 

It makes sense to an extent, he’s not the only coach that has this thinking. Still, you have to recruit the high school kids. 

Portal kids want money and do boosters want to spend money with Woodson coaching them like it’s 2004? 

24 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

BUT even if that’s the strategy why rebuild with Woodson at his age and completely change philosophies when you are at best looking at 3-4 years.   I hate to keep coming back to age and length of coaching time left but that’s the kicker to me.  

Yeah it is an intriguing strategy, but Woody still coaches like it's 1990. Other programs will be fighting hard for the top portal players as well, and they have all the ammo they need to recruit against Woody. 

I just don't see top players coming here to play for him and his style, regardless of our NIL bank.

31 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He's going to give him a new staff and a GM to help in the future for the portal. Because Woodson now believes that he doesn't need HS kids anymore, he wants to use the portal to field a team from here on out. 

giphy.gif