Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Board of Trustees are Whitten's Boss, assuming it works like other boards. Like a CEO of a company answers to a board or a Superintendent answers /hired by a School Board.

From what i have gathered across 3 places, it would go Dolson gets his plan, goes to President Whitten, then if she accepts, it would go to the Board. Where they will deny anything involving Woody leaving because of Buckner and his friends and no one will cross Buckner. 

Just now, cleeter said:

From what i have gathered across 3 places, it would go Dolson gets his plan, goes to President Whitten, then if she accepts, it would go to the Board. Where they will deny anything involving Woody leaving because of Buckner and his friends and no one will cross Buckner. 

That is how I see it as well. However, QB is only 1 vote and there are 9 members on the board. 

Dolson/Whitten would have to swing or get 5 votes to their side. I also read that if they don't think they have the votes, Whitten won't recommend it to the board either. Like an episode of Succession or House of Cards, gotta hope Whitten/Dolson can whip some votes to their side, or at least a majority. 

I don't think I can watch anymore. This is so stupid that the past 20 plus years we can't have any success because we have an idiotic dysfunctional administration. They go out of their way to make every stupid decision possible. It's either their holier than thou attitude or in this case Nepotism.

This is want scares off coaches not our demanding fans. They see how stupid we are and how we operate. That's why don't see us a blue bloods. We can't get out of our own way 

2 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

That is how I see it as well. However, QB is only 1 vote and there are 9 members on the board. 

Dolson/Whitten would have to swing or get 5 votes to their side. I also read that if they don't think they have the votes, Whitten won't recommend it to the board either. Like an episode of Succession or House of Cards, gotta hope Whitten/Dolson can whip some votes to their side, or at least a majority. 

Does QB have the ultimate say? Can he be opposed 8-1 and still say...tough, we're keeping Woody?

3 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

Ultimately, Dolson needs to show the financial damage of keeping Woodson as the IU coach.  Players hitting the portal if Woodson is retained would help that cause.

2 minutes ago, kottke said:

Does QB have the ultimate say? Can he be opposed 8-1 and still say...tough, we're keeping Woody?

From my understanding, no he cannot. He is the president of the BOT but that doesn't give his vote more weight than others. His influence may lead to others voting a particular way, but his vote is still only 1 just like the rest of the board.

2 minutes ago, kottke said:

I do not think so. I think what we are all worried about, is when it comes to the Board, they are all bowing down to Quinn and he knows he just needs to have 4 people agree with him. And from the sounds of it 1) he has that and 2) people wont stand or cross him

5 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Correct! And usually if a CEO, President or Superintendent makes a recommendation to the board they approve it. However, in this case it's a mess! Pretty rare a board doesn't go with the CEO//President/Superintendent recommendation........... IU being IU!

3 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Correct! And usually if a CEO, President or Superintendent makes a recommendation to the board they approve it. However, in this case it's a mess! Pretty rare a board doesn't go with the CEO//President/Superintendent recommendation........... IU being IU!

As the sayings go, dont hire friends or family. 

6 minutes ago, kottke said:

No he does not if it comes to an official vote. 8-1 or 5-4, majority rules on an official vote.

12 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

As much as I can't stand DD, even he is backing up what has been said. From earlier this year. 

Yep... DD got this one right...even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then.

8 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

From my understanding, no he cannot. He is the president of the BOT but that doesn't give his vote more weight than others. His influence may lead to others voting a particular way, but his vote is still only 1 just like the rest of the board.

1 vote but 1 vote the others are afraid to cross.

20 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

We just have to hope Dolson/Whitten aren't the Kendall Roy of Indiana University.