Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Are you serious?
It's not just "next year". Buckner screwing this up will set the program back for 5-10 years... if Buckner cannot see the mess that it is now, and how much worse it will be next year, then he needs to be gone... Keeping Woodson for the 24-25 season means no HS recruits to build a base on for the future. If/when Woodson finally does leave, the program will be in shambles in terms of the recruiting pipeline because Mike Woodson doesn't recruit HS players - he lives in the portal and working short-term recruits who decommit from other programs.
Buckner will screw up the program for the next decade and maybe forever.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, OGIUAndy said:

The majority of the fans probably have zero idea any of this is being discussed, let's be real. The major turbulence is more so on these boards than anywhere else. I don't think your average fan is checking Trilly and Peegs posts every 5 minutes. Also, booing anyone (besides the opponent) at a home game is lame. Just don't show up. That probably has more impact than anything else. That being said, this is my opinion. I don't just turn on my team because they have a disappointing season. I wasn't a big fan of Woody, but until he's gone, I am rooting for him and the team. 

I am not turning on the team, I said I was attending. And the turbulence is in many more places than chat boards, just take a look at X, FB, or any other social media platform. Our fan base is massive and well connected to the current state of the program. 

Like I said in a previous post, I was late to the fire Woody train. I was still holding on to the hope that things could turn around, like the past 2 seasons, but it won't. I will watch Wed night, and be at AH on Sunday just as I always do to support the team (players) because I actually like most of them, but I have no faith in the coaching staff anymore.   

I don’t think Quinn is going to let his other brother in a power position get let go .We will be stuck with Woody another year. I’m sure Dolson is looking around just incase. That’s his job. I don’t buy that any numbers have been agreed on with Pearl. That’s some more Billy Donovan, Brad Stevens rumor mill stuff that just gets our hopes up at the end of the day. 

21 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

What tournament is that?  :)  

If the rumors and such are true about players, he'll be lucky to field a team.  Going to look like one of Crean's first years.  

Except Assembly Hall will be empty and tv ratings will be down because fans won’t care because why should they. 

Buckner has to know that Woodson stinks at the job. I think he simply doesn’t care. He cares more about keeping his guy as the coach than he does the good of the program. He otherwise wouldn’t have hired him in the first place. Just because a guy played at IU 40+ years ago doesn’t mean that iubb success is his #1 motive.  

1 minute ago, cbp4iu said:

Except Assembly Hall will be empty and tv ratings will be down because fans won’t care because why should they. 

There are uneducated fans on facebook who think if we beat Minny and Sparty, and win 1-2 games in the BTT, we can actually have chance at making it to the NCAAT. Assembly will never be empty. 

Instead of booing at the games and making it feel like it’s going towards players, which it’s obviously not, they need to get some chants going that go directly at Quinn/Woody. They need to hear exactly what people think of how they’re attempting to run things.

Dear Mr. Buckner

I also would like to say that Mike and yourself are two of my favorite IU players I was fortunate to watch. Both of you embodied what an IU basketball player is supposed to be.

I just hate to see both of you tarnish your reputation and legacy because of hiring Coach Woodson as your coach.  I just hope you actually look at where the basketball program is and realize it needs to go in a new direction. If what we fans are hearing is true, that you are putting yourself ahead of what is best for the program at this time. It sounds like you are over stepping your duties and not letting the athletic department do their job.
I know you are busy with your Pacer schedule and probably don't get to watch many college games. Let me assure you what we see on the court with IU doesn't match how other successful teams are running their programs.  We have no real guard play and we play to many big men at a time. This isn't how it is done in today's college basketball.  You watch NBA games and you definitely don't see teams playing this style of basketball.

I really hope you will listen to what your AD has to say and let him do his job when it comes to the basketball program.

Sincerely,
Scott Roberts.

Buckner has to know that Woodson stinks at the job. I think he simply doesn’t care. He cares more about keeping his guy as the coach than he does the good of the program. He otherwise wouldn’t have hired him in the first place. Just because a guy played at IU 40+ years ago doesn’t mean that iubb success is his #1 motive.  
It's going to be comical watching Woodson try and land 9 portal players and field a team. The smartest man in the room is a joke

5 hours ago, Scotty R said:

I find it funny how every few days the story changes in this coaching search. For a few days it would is they are definitely firing Woodson and they have a coach already in place. A few days later they throw out that Woodsy will probably be back. These people know II fans and this is just about clicks.

Yeah, they know how message board fans will lap up everything they put out there, while over-reacting to every hint - especially if there is nothing to back it up. Naivety is their friend.

7 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Buckner will screw up the program for the next decade and maybe forever.

Buckner is gone after next year.

Amazing that at the end of the day the guy who destroys the program for good is the one who went 62-1. It's like they simply don't want a good program. No other explanation.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’m kinda at this too. Also if IU basketball hits the drain then Quinn will be gone by the time it needs fixed and won’t be his problem. Also my new fear is IU is dreadful next year and they give Woody a 5th year to “pick up the mess.” 

Posted (edited)

I think this goes without saying, but our fan base (myself included) are a mess 

$$$ and politics rearing their ugly heads in this situation...don't want to wish time away, but man, this is going to be a long, weird 14 day or so stretch...

I've stated before...it's 2024...not the time or generation to "wait around and see"

Edited by Coach Robby

Just now, Coach Robby said:

I think this goes without saying, but our fan base (myself included) are a mess 

$$$ and politics rearing their ugly heads in this situation...don't want to wish time away, but man, this is going to be a long, weird 14 day or so stretch...

And god help us if we need to add 365 days to that haha