Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, Golfman25 said:

What tournament is that?  :)  

If the rumors and such are true about players, he'll be lucky to field a team.  Going to look like one of Crean's first years.  

And yet there will be excuses made instead of owning up to the fact it was his own fault.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Just to clear everything up I was told that if Dolson could get a proven P5 coach to come then we could move on from Woody. Then Sunday I got info that Pearl & IU had agreed to the numbers. So my assumption would be that Woody wouldn't be back because we had Pearl. Little did I know that Buckner is not having any of this. He won't talk about it, he is adamant that Archie got 4 years, Woody gets 4 years. 

No one knows where Whitten is at on all of this. 

Just put Buckner's face up on the jumbo screens in the hall.  It will be more entertaining than the game on the floor.  

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

Oh great, Sisley will be in attendance Sunday for an unofficial visit. Can't wait to see what type of sh!t show occurs with the news coming out this morning. 

That's the spirit! Jesus. 

If Buckner won't even talk about it, that tells me he knows that keeping him is the wrong move. Maybe when more than half our roster is in the portal in a couple weeks he'll finally start to see the light. 

Just now, OGIUAndy said:

That's the spirit! Jesus. 

I will be in attendance, I am not praying for the sh!t show, just stating that it could be a really bad time for a visit with the current turbulence occurring within the fan base. There have already been boos and such, what is next after a majority of the fans have heard that there is/was potential for change, but some egos may/may not have squashed it. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

It's a little thing called classes, homework and exams....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

There are also things called tudors and $$$. Nobody in their right mind is turning down NIL money to go make $40,000 a year in the G-League. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

If Buckner won't even talk about it, that tells me he knows that keeping him is the wrong move. Maybe when more than half our roster is in the portal in a couple weeks he'll finally start to see the light. 

He won't see half the roster in the portal as a negative, because his buddy pulled the ultimate hat trick of keeping TJD for 2 seasons in a row. He did it once, he can do it again, right?

I'm convinced Buckner hired Archie and then Woodson knowing they would be mediocre at best, that way he protects his legacy and everyone can reminisce about how great the program was when he played.

He knows he can count on fan support to keep the AD running in the black.

Someone fill me in. Sounds like Dolson is ready to move on, has BP on deck, but that punk QB is holding this up? 

If so, what in the world is Buckner thinking? He's throwing his buddy into a raging fire next year, with no help on the way, and a mass exodus if all reports are true of players wanting to leave if Woody is back. I commend his loyalty to his friend but that isn't his job. I truly don't get it. 

In response to Woody's "inside out" comment.

ᗩᑎT ᗯᖇIGᕼT @itsAntWright

Trolling.. makes it so hard to defend this guy when he says stuff like this. Look at the Final four teams over the last five years.. please tell me how many were played inside-out and leading with their frontcourt.

If Woodson is back for a fourth year, he may do great, but I’d say the odds are about as good as winning the power ball, finding Bigfoot, and those guys actually finding treasure on Oak Island all on the same day. 
He won't do great. He refuses to change and he will have a team filled with portal players.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

I will be in attendance, I am not praying for the sh!t show, just stating that it could be a really bad time for a visit with the current turbulence occurring within the fan base. There have already been boos and such, what is next after a majority of the fans have heard that there is/was potential for change, but some egos may/may not have squashed it. 

The majority of the fans probably have zero idea any of this is being discussed, let's be real. The major turbulence is more so on these boards than anywhere else. I don't think your average fan is checking Trilly and Peegs posts every 5 minutes. Also, booing anyone (besides the opponent) at a home game is lame. Just don't show up. That probably has more impact than anything else. That being said, this is my opinion. I don't just turn on my team because they have a disappointing season. I wasn't a big fan of Woody, but until he's gone, I am rooting for him and the team. 

1 minute ago, mdiu28 said:

Someone fill me in. Sounds like Dolson is ready to move on, has BP on deck, but that punk QB is holding this up? 

If so, what in the world is Buckner thinking? He's throwing his buddy into a raging fire next year, with no help on the way, and a mass exodus if all reports are true of players wanting to leave if Woody is back. I commend his loyalty to his friend but that isn't his job. I truly don't get it. 

To add to this, Woody actually still thinks he is an elite coach and doing a great job. He is only doing bac because he doesnt have the players. Those arent my words, but Rabby's words. If you are able to believe those things, then it makes your statement above alot easier to believe haha

Because everyone is scared of him. He is vice president of the Pacers and has the Simons backing him. No one wants to cross QB. He is letting everyone know that Woodson is getting a 4th year. He won't even have a conversation about it. 
Another sad part is if he makes the tournament next year, then he will probably get a 5th year. 
Exactly what I feared when this hire was made that we would never be able to get rid of him. What a complete disaster. I guess next winter I will find something else to do. Oh and with may go to Ohio State now

Because everyone is scared of him. He is vice president of the Pacers and has the Simons backing him. No one wants to cross QB. He is letting everyone know that Woodson is getting a 4th year. He won't even have a conversation about it. 
Another sad part is if he makes the tournament next year, then he will probably get a 5th year. 
Basically when it comes to bbal quinn is the athletic director.

If you oppose Quinn, what is the fallout? He doesn't appoint board members, so trying to understand how he wields so much power and influence over other members.

He’s the mafia don. We’re screwed.