Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Thad Matta to Butler

3 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Man. This kind of sucks. Matta would have been a home run hire for us but instead he becomes associate AD only to bolt to Butler as HC. Stings 

Nothing against CMW, but after Brad, Matta was my choice for IU’s Head Coach. Wonder why he didn’t take the IU job when it was available? Is his health that much better now?

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Wish he was our coach. He’ll be great, which means Butler will unfortunately be good again.

100%. This is huge.  If he was/is healthy enough why is he not our coach?  The Bulldogs will be very good very fast and will get a lot of kids we wonder why we don’t get or go after.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Past performance is not indicative of future results.  I'll reserve judgment until I see his actual results.

This is true and a lot has happened in the last few years but you can’t ignore his track record.  In any case, this hiring raises a lot of questions.

13 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

100%. This is huge.  If he was/is healthy enough why is he not our coach?  The Bulldogs will be very good very fast and will get a lot of kids we wonder why we don’t get or go after.

With all the talk about how bad his health was I figured we wouldn’t see him coach another team, or at least not see it for the foreseeable future. He was prepping to be an AD or whatever he was doing at IU, yet literally a year later he becomes a head coach in the Big East. I guess he could’ve had a miraculous recovery in that year, but I dunno. Strange situation to me. Butler’s very fortunate to have him. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

With all the talk about how bad his health was I figured we wouldn’t see him coach another team, or at least not see it for the foreseeable future. He was prepping to be an AD or whatever he was doing at IU, yet literally a year later he becomes a head coach in the Big East. I guess he could’ve had a miraculous recovery in that year, but I dunno. Strange situation to me. Butler’s very fortunate to have him. 

This is where I am as well.  If he feels good enough to coach now then I wish him all the best and this is great news for Butler.  If however, he felt the same last year then what are/were we doing?

Well because iu hired Thad but made Woody head coach because we were told that physically couldn't handle a head coaching job. I see zero chance he isn't wildly successful and far outperforming anything we do during his tenure. It's the iu way now days so just sit back relax and enjoy the show. The debate on btb should be fun over the next few years

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk