Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife leaves IU staff

I think we made great steps in putting the program in a healthier better place this season while also winning 21 games. I'm going to choose to keep the faith in this offseasons decisions and just hope that they are steps in the right direction as well. Really hope we don't take steps back after an encouraging finish to the year.

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I have no idea why so many people think this. If Woodson is as successful as we want him to be, we should have better options for his replacement. If Woodson fails, why would we want someone on his staff to replace him? 

This logic checks out. Thank you. Dane dude as HC has given me nightmares.

To the people who are parroting Dan Dakich takes or agree with anything he says… he very openly let everyone know he uses IU fans to get reactions to fuel interactions on twitter. Please don’t be misled by anything he says, that credibility went away long ago and he will literally stir the pot with a antagonistic take in ANY and EVERY circumstance.

Despite times this year where I thought “why the hell are we playing 5 subs”, I am going to trust that Woody knows the weight of publicly letting go an IU fan favorite and trust that there were plenty of reasons if it came to that.

Now let’s go get someone who can get guys so that all subs lineup is full of 4/5 stars that can play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Rabjohn's has seen Fife contract and no where it ever said he was going to be the next coach.

That would never be the case.

Not saying he was likely to be the next coach (never thought so) but his asst coach contract wouldn’t say anything about that

41 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don’t think many people thought Fife was going to be the next coach. But if you’re going to be mad at someone other than Fife, then Dolson would be a good place to start. I think it was a mistake telling Woodson he had to have Fife & announcing him before Woody.

Fife wasn't announced before Woodson.  Woodson was announced on 3/28/21 and Fife was announced on 4/5/21.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It’s only a bad thing if he was good at his job, which all the rumblings say he wasn’t, so..

So the rumblings of Fife are negative? Please provide details. I am shocked at this situation, but apparently others are not. I would love to hear at least some of the rumblings. 

29 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

He is already better than the guy that played the 3 for us all season. 

JG plays the 4 but i’d love to see him at the 3, he has the defensive ability to guard wings, he has a smooth stroke which should result in better percentages on more shots next season, he doesn’t hesitate to shoot when the look is there, he has the explosiveness to the rim and above the rim game. He needs to improve the handle, that’s a key area for his off season, but if he has a next level opportunity that’s where it is