Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

11 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Yeah, it was 17+ last year. 

I am not sure where the $17M number came from. His buyout last year was $10M, it is $8.5M if he leaves before April 30, 2024, and it is $7M if he leaves after April 30, 2024. Auburn has a University Buy-out and a Coach's Buy-out. The university buy-out is significantly higher than the coach's buy-out. Think of the coach's buy-out as an opt out clause for the coach if he wants to leave, where the university buy-out is a severance package if they fire him. 

I don't know who Pearl's agent is, but he negotiated one hell of a contract for his client.

4 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I am not sure where the $17M number came from. His buyout last year was $10M, it is $8.5M if he leaves before April 30, 2024, and it is $7M if he leaves after April 30, 2024. Auburn has a University Buy-out and a Coach's Buy-out. The university buy-out is significantly higher than the coach's buy-out. Think of the coach's buy-out as an opt out clause for the coach if he wants to leave, where the university buy-out is a severance package if they fire him. 

I don't know who Pearl's agent is, but he negotiated one hell of a contract for his client.

Was that before his extension?

https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2023/03/where-bruce-pearls-salary-ranks-among-coaches-nationally-in-the-sec-for-2022-23-season.html#:~:text=He will earn %247.15 million,fourth-highest among SEC coaches.

Pearl’s buyout as of April 1 is $17,450,000, which is the ninth-highest in the nation and fourth-highest among SEC coaches.

8 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Was that before his extension?

https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2023/03/where-bruce-pearls-salary-ranks-among-coaches-nationally-in-the-sec-for-2022-23-season.html#:~:text=He will earn %247.15 million,fourth-highest among SEC coaches.

Pearl’s buyout as of April 1 is $17,450,000, which is the ninth-highest in the nation and fourth-highest among SEC coaches.

I think that they were reporting the university buy-out and not the coach's buy-out. The university buy-out is 50% of what is remaining on his contract through the 2027 season and 25% of what is remaining through the 2030 season. That works out to just over $17M. The coach's buyout is a lower amount.

I would have Schertz in the top tier, he's working miracles at ISU.

On Pardon My Take, Bilas listed Schertz first when they asked him about coaches who are doing the best job right now and changing the game schematically. He listed Schertz, Oats, and Tommy Lloyd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Free Jurkin! said:

On Pardon My Take, Bilas listed Schertz first when they asked him about coaches who are doing the best job right now and changing the game schematically. He listed Schertz, Oats, and Tommy Lloyd

What he said

3 hours ago, Free Jurkin! said:

But I can't stand Bilas the blowhard, crap, now that will affect my thinking of Shertz

:P

4 hours ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Well, its clear that Bilas likes pace, all 3 of those teams are top 35 in the country in tempo. I'm not convinced that is what wins comes tournament time, but Bilas has always been a proponent of turning CBB into the NBA so I'm not surprised. 

1 hour ago, SamIam said:

Well, its clear that Bilas likes pace, all 3 of those teams are top 35 in the country in tempo. I'm not convinced that is what wins comes tournament time, but Bilas has always been a proponent of turning CBB into the NBA so I'm not surprised. 

Bilas was a huge Tom Crean fan, too. 

He always confused me because he was pretty smart on some things and down right nutty on some others. 

6 hours ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Changing the game schematically does not necessarily mean ready to run a prominent P5 program. So yes, Schertz can accurately be dubbed an innovator and still not be a viable option for IU.

18 hours ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Lloyd always makes me laugh. Can you imagine the reaction around these parts in ‘21 if Dolson had rolled out a 43 yo career Assistant from the WCC whose primary schtick was International talent acquisition?