Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

16 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We might. By the standards Woody professes we almost certainly will.

He can’t shoot throws. He fouls a lot. He’s very thin, gets pushed around in the league he’s in let alone the B1G. Played 24 mins for VCU.

Shedrick was the target. We reached out to him long before he got in the portal. Duke fans dont even want him. Says he’s the worst offensive big since…….. and I didn’t mind him. Lol.

Whatever, no need to argue. Meme all you guys want. I’ll be along for the show.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

In his eyes he is a 4 so shouldn’t affect the Shedrick recruitment.   Visiting a school doesn’t necessarily mean commitment is  to follow.   He is the type of player that Florida St and SDST have thrived with in the past.  Maybe going opposite of what obviously hasn’t worked for IU over the years actually works.  Who knows.   I personally don’t think he is a fit for IU especially if he wants to be a 4 but it is what it is.  If he wants to be a Hoosier and the staff wants him then so be it.   

29 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He can’t shoot throws. He fouls a lot. He’s very thin, gets pushed around in the league he’s in let alone the B1G. Played 24 mins for VCU.

Shedrick was the target. We reached out to him long before he got in the portal. Duke fans dont even want him. Says he’s the worst offensive big since…….. and I didn’t mind him. Lol.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Rico said:

giphy.gif

My dad grew up in the same town than John Cryer's mom in Lewisville Indiana. Went to church with John's grandfather. My second grade teacher was married to John's uncle

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Here is what I have gathered from reading about him on VCU message boards:

-- does not possess an outside shot but has a really good touch around the rim.  Believe that posters that have said he's more of a slasher than post up player are correct.

-- plays with an edge.  They felt he really improved on harnessing that as his sophomore year went on -- went from being a hothead as a freshman to a guy who was very competitive and competed for every ball as a sophomore.

I really didn't find anyone talking bad about him which is rare for a guy likely exiting the program.   FWIW, he was a 13.5 mpg game player as a freshman and even without eye popping numbers as a sophomore was still third team A-10.  Plus defender.

Sounds like some of the big men for SDSU

53 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The same Schedrick that put  up 15/13 in their tournament game. You might want to check your blood pressure often because it appears you are letting this portal stuff stress you out.

In his eyes he is a 4 so shouldn’t affect the Shedrick recruitment.   Visiting a school doesn’t necessarily mean commitment is  to follow.   He is the type of player that Florida St and SDST have thrived with in the past.  Maybe going opposite of what obviously hasn’t worked for IU over the years actually works.  Who knows.   I personally don’t think he is a fit for IU especially if he wants to be a 4 but it is what it is.  If he wants to be a Hoosier and the staff wants him then so be it.   

It’s not this move in isolation that’s alarming. It’s been a cluster in team building since ‘23 recruiting started. The early TP actions have further emphasized to me the planning behind the scenes isn’t the best. The overall vision of whatever they are trying to build is all sorts of chaos. X is calling guys. This guy makes little sense. He’s not trying to come here to be a backup. He’s a hustle guy that’s athletic but not really a rim protector that can’t shoot or hit free throws. Playing him with Reneau at either one of them the 4 or 5 doesn’t make sense. VCU fans like him so there’s that.

It’s not this move in isolation. It’s the lack of plan that’s left us to replace 5 or 6 roster spots from the portal when we knew almost exactly what was coming. Then not being able to sell those spots to your most preferred targets that is the most disappointing.

What we as fans have to think about is using the portal isn't like picking an all star team. The coaches need to look at more than just stats when looking at players in the portal. It makes the job harder for coaches because they don't have the time to do a great background check on these players.

The same Schedrick that put  up 15/13 in their tournament game. You might want to check your blood pressure often because it appears you are letting this portal stuff stress you out.

You might want to re-read my post. I said I didn’t mind Shedrick. I don’t love him but I certainly see the fit with our roster. It was the Duke fans hating on him. But to their credit they’ve seen a lot of him being the in conference opposition.

Just now, Bankshot said:

Yes. The right 'leftovers' are just fine. We won the '87 title with a couple of them.

Wonder how some of these fans reacted when RMK brought in guys like Steve Eyl,  Joe Hilman, Kreigh Smith,  to go along with Garrett and Smart

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You might want to re-read my post. I said I didn’t mind Shedrick. I don’t love him but I certainly see the fit with our roster. It was the Duke fans hating on him. But to their credit they’ve seen a lot of him being the in conference opposition.

If it's Shedrick or no big man, I'd obviously want Shedrick.

Do I think there are likely better players at his position for us to pursue? Yes. 

The difference between him and a guy like Ware would be astronomical IMO

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Iy is just funny how you are just stressing out over this stuff. Show me one player we are recruiting who has committed to another school. Also why just look at just stats and where a kid is transferring from. I would say a lot of the players playing in the final four wasn't a top recruit. We aren't trying to put an all star team together but putting a team together than can play together.