Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

10 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Like that article a lot. Like his approach to the process. If the kid can bring energy, switchability and rebounding, some of what Ormier brought Miami, there’s value there. 
Also, like any kid who calls his dad “Pops.”

26 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Dang. That clearly reads like a kid that has done his homework and “gets” Indiana.

Seems as though he’s coming to see IU for the right reasons and is looking to see if the portrayal is true.

If he’s coming to confirm that IU is basketball crazy and historically relevant he’s going to see what he’s looking for.

One more thing:

Been reading enough about Deloach and Sparks. Very different body types but three common factors that they both truly excel at:

1) Both are very good finishing at the rim.

2) Both are very strong offensive rebounders.

3) Both play like their hair is on fire. Motor motor motor.

Both are crap free throw shooters. Neither can stretch the floor.

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

Wonder if he considers Purdue given that they were in his final list a few years ago. A talented wing like him would make them a lot better.

Speaking of Purdoo- I believe they are the only Big Ten team without someone in the portal. 

Hopefully Edey bolts to the NBA or his home planet or whatever. 

I like DeLoach as a player, seems like a good kid. He wouldn’t be my favorite roster fit, but you can make it work with two non-shooters if they do other things well, and he does.

On the other hand, is he a dude? I think yes. And thus you can make it fit.

Not sure why these guys are acting like your freaking out. I guess they don't like the truth and or can't see how bad this team will be next season as it is

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

All people are saying is pump the brakes a little bit. What we have currently on the roster isn't what it will be when the season starts. We haven't lost any of our portal targets to anyone. It is 24 hours after the Championship ended.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

If we don’t land good portal pieces then we’ll probably stink, but the past two decades of IU basketball has prepared us for that. 

That is quite possible. The operative being "if". That is a far cry than saying(paraphrasing). Woody can't finish with out primary targets, when we haven't lost anyone yet.
We don't know if Woody can or can't finish when they are all still available.
I want to take the next step also. However, I'm not going to call the roster construction a failure until I see it complete. If that makes me a sunshine pumper, count me as one.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Scotty R said:

Wonder how some of these fans reacted when RMK brought in guys like Steve Eyl,  Joe Hilman, Kreigh Smith,  to go along with Garrett and Smart

Results the last 20ish years seem to be similar to Knights too right?

5 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Maybe, but the criticism of DeLoach could be said twofold IMO for Shedrick, someone who he said he would take who is not someone I get the hype over.  Criticism of DeLoach's fouling?  Shedrick's foul rate is higher.  Think DeLoach 'gets pushed around in his own league" ?  DeLoach's rebounding numbers kill Shedrick's.  And DeLoach I can see running the floor against an athletic team.....Shedrick not as much.

How do %s look in this situation? Virginia is much like Wiscy in the past where their leading scorer average 9 ppg was like a 20 point scorer at another program. (slight hyperbole)

How do you know someone is stressing out or panicking through text when they're expressing what is playing out doesn't align with how they see us being successful? Feels like some are projecting their stress/panicking?

While many really liked our roster and team last season I wasn't sold. We did some good things but struggled in other areas. For me discussing who fits and who doesn't is part of the fun.

The one thing about Reneau, Sparks, and the VCU kid I like is slightly different skills and reports that they're workers. I can get on board with that. I don't like the fact the lane might be clogged more than it was this past season. If we get some guards/small wings that can get to the rim and a system that allows we can play with two bigs who don't score from outside.

Deloach had some very nice things to say about Coach and IU but doesn’t appear to be someone that would make the kind of impact we need with the holes that we have. We already took a role player in Sparks. I know this won’t be a popular take but the highlights didn’t do anything for me. Feels like we would be settling. 

1 hour ago, Bowhunter said:

Deloach had some very nice things to say about Coach and IU but doesn’t appear to be someone that would make the kind of impact we need with the holes that we have. We already took a role player in Sparks. I know this won’t be a popular take but the highlights didn’t do anything for me. Feels like we would be settling. 

I think Sparks will be a fine role player off the bench for a year and maybe in his 2nd year he's starter worthy, I don't think he's a role player as a starter getting 20+ mins.  I think Deloach will be a very solid role player as a starter given 20+ mins.  I think the difference is given the extra minutes at this time Deloach will be more impactful.  Time will tell.