Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

Just now, ClarkCoHoosier said:

I have a question. I know that there was an issue with Edey not being able to benefit from NIL, because he's Canadian. How is Ballo able to receive NIL? Isn't he from Mali?

I believe there is a technicality wherein international players are able to receive NIL payment while they are physically in their home country, but I could be mistaken.

6 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Yep. They've given Woodson enough rope to hang himself. The proof is in the playing season. Tired of winning the off-season and not the season that counts.

God forbid anyone posts in this thread that isn't totally pumping sunshine. Happy he's got some talent, but gonna hold my excitement until he actually does something with it.

"God forbid?" You are posting exactly that way, and that's fine by me! For real...go for it!

God forbid someone disagrees with you tho.     ;)

Just now, Trish said:

Maybe he plays 10 during the non-conference Make-A-Wish teams but he's a stubborn coach. He wants an eight man rotation. 9 would be a stretch IMO from Woodson. 

I didn't mean to say he would play ten, Woody definitely starts the year playing damn near everyone but he tends to heavily shorten the rotations once we get into Big Ten play. That being said, I think (assuming we get KC) the top 7 that will play big minutes every game is set, and Woodson will dip into that next group of Cupps, Leal, and the 3rd string C depending on game script, matchup, fouls, injuries etc etc. So probably playing only 1 or 2 of those guys a game, and a total rotation of 8 ish players

13 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Preface with I prefer Conwell....buttttt Rice and Kanaan would probably be the best backcourt in the country, not just the B1G. 

Wow, I admire your enthusiasm! If that turns out to be true and the rest of the roster just repeats their productivity from last year, IU would be a top 10 team. 

4 minutes ago, ClarkCoHoosier said:

I have a question. I know that there was an issue with Edey not being able to benefit from NIL, because he's Canadian. How is Ballo able to receive NIL? Isn't he from Mali?

He must be a US citizen now. 

8 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Yep. They've given Woodson enough rope to hang himself. The proof is in the playing season. Tired of winning the off-season and not the season that counts.

God forbid anyone posts in this thread that isn't totally pumping sunshine. Happy he's got some talent, but gonna hold my excitement until he actually does something with it.

Again, yes we know it all has to work this year. All of us are holding our excitement until he actually does something with it. 

4 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I believe there is a technicality wherein international players are able to receive NIL payment while they are physically in their home country, but I could be mistaken.

Work arounds I've read a couple of articles about it . They get it done somehow. 

5 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Yep! And Oumar returns to Mali in the summer to bring basketball supplies to local kids while also hosting a basketball camp. If there's a FlightAware-style tracker for massive wire transfers, keep an eye out when he heads home.

14 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

There is no way I believe that.

Taking nothing from them as I believe they are good players, but best in the country?

I mean is it that much of a stretch though? 24/7 has them as the 13 and 17th best players available. 5 and 7 at the guard position. And they would be in the same backcourt. 

8 minutes ago, ClarkCoHoosier said:

There are work arounds. Edey still got paid and so will Ballo.

24 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

That seems very possible. I'd prefer a more consistent 3p shooter instead of Carlyle, but seems a fate acompli he's coming and will start..... 

Carlyle was apparently 40% in catch and shoot situations last season, that bodes well alongside Rice.