-
Posts
502 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Articles
Football Recruits
Store
Events
Forums
Everything posted by FightFor6
-
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
FightFor6 replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
I'm more concerned with 6-8 than I am 11-13. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
FightFor6 replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
Let's throw $5M at Nate Ament. -
Let’s talk Roster! 2026/2027
FightFor6 replied to WayneFleekHoosier's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
I think you have to get a big wing in some capacity regardless. Maybe the skillset is different than I mentioned earlier, but it's the one spot where you don't really have an answer defensively. If you are matched up against a really strong 6'7-6'9 wing, who on this existing roster can match up? Sherrill/Yigi are going to be too slow and the guards are all too small outside maybe Mustaf. -
Let’s talk Roster! 2026/2027
FightFor6 replied to WayneFleekHoosier's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
I'm going to assume we have 6-7 REALLY solid rotational pieces for multiple games in the tournament. Someone will inevitably not work out/get injured. So I'd love to see one more impact guy (fringe starter) and one more depth piece. Impact guy should be a larger wing/small ball 5 with the depth piece being a backcourt defender. Someone that can initiate the offense, be physical defensively, and bring a high level of energy every time he's on the court. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
FightFor6 replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
I am hoping for a strong rebounding 3/4 that gives you line-up versatility. Go huge with 6'9 wing/Sherrill/Yigi, or slide the 6'9 guy to the 4 with Sherrill/Yigi at the 5. You could even go small with that person at the 5 if we want more speed/shooting on the floor. Another traditional big would be great, but locks us into a fewer number of looks IMO. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
FightFor6 replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
Do we have one more big hit in us? Would love a big wing that can shoot. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
FightFor6 replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
I'll take an order of Burton-Mustaf-Khamenia-Tiller-Sherrell with Harris-Reibe off the bench. Money isn't real anyway. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
FightFor6 replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
I still think we are saying the same thing? If Olsen is your 3rd guy at the 4 position, he's also probably your last guy off the bench. I think that's a perfect role for him. I don't think he should be expected to be more than that (ie starting 4 or 6th-7th man overall). Our issues with a shorter rotation this year were not in quantity but in quality. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
FightFor6 replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
We're saying the same thing because my preference is to only play 8-9 guys anyway. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
FightFor6 replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
If we are counting on Olson to be more than a 6'8" Matt Roth, we're in trouble. I don't have a problem with him as last guy off the bench, but it feels like you could sit on his commitment for a while given Sisley is already on the roster. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
FightFor6 replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
That ranking was propped up based on volume more than anything. The only team with more commits than IU in the top 10 was USC and they ended the year #77 in the KenPom because they were similarly lower quality recruits. If IU can land top 10-15 again this year but do it with 5-6 commits, I'll likely feel a lot better about our prospects. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
FightFor6 replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
Last week was spring break, right? Not sure what the typical process looks like after a season is over but I assumed players took some time off and then there would be some sort of team/individual meetings happening? Gotta be close to some announcements if that's the case. -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
FightFor6 replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
Does anyone have a link to a regularly updated scholarship grid as commits come in? -
Transfer Portal w/IU Interest
FightFor6 replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
One too many female anatomy references. -
Lamar Wilkerson is a HOOSIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FightFor6 replied to FortWayneHoosier's topic in Indiana Men's Basketball
