Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

31 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Over 6 million next year in NIL

How does this work behind the scenes?  I think he’s gonna fail regardless but how is it determine that six million good enough.  If money donors are the reason he is staying and they are committing the resources at least make them go all out and buy the top five picks in next years draft.  Why not require 10-20 million or some other wild amount?

3 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

How does this work behind the scenes?  I think he’s gonna fail regardless but how is it determine that six million good enough.  If money donors are the reason he is staying and they are committing the resources at least make them go all out and buy the top five picks in next years draft.  Why not require 10-20 million or some other wild amount?

Just a guess but they might be dumb but not that dumb.

Sure

34 minutes ago, Trish said:

Anthony Leal getting paid to warm the bench is a joke. 

He’s a feel good story absolutely, the program needs a hometown player for sure. But paying him? 

You can talk crap, but we were 5-0 when he played 20+ minutes.

Oh and those 5 wins...

Michigan State

at Ohio State

Penn State(B1G tourney)

at Minnesota

Iowa

They for sure put up an extra two. I figured all of the collectives made up the other 4.

So to my understanding, say next season they didn’t support the coach that HOPEFULLY replaced Woodson and this caused them to pull their donations, we’d still be at 4 million right? And that’s still a solid number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Duke and UNC have more. This is just a stupid path to take.  We're really taking a rubber band to a gun fight. 

$6 mil is extremely competitive. Like elite level. Trilly stated Kentucky and Kansas were at $7m. UNC is unreported but estimated at $6m. Duke reported $4m but he knows it’s much higher. 

Our NIL is not what’s holding us back, in anyway shape or form. It’s the negative recruiting that will come from schools with similar NiL figures, that want the same guys we want. 

These numbers do not account for any latent/obscure sources outside NIL. 

11 minutes ago, cleeter said:

So to my understanding, say next season they didn’t support the coach that HOPEFULLY replaced Woodson and this caused them to pull their donations, we’d still be at 4 million right? And that’s still a solid number

That’s my understanding if not more when fans start donating again.

If you grew up in a small city and planned on building your career there, wouldn’t it be career suicide to bash the guy who is essentially your boss? Who here would do that?

And for all the discussion about Leal making more money… he gave a lot to help his sister. He didn’t selfishly profit for his own good. 

Somewhere today I thought I read here that the McNeely family found the IU fan base toxic… and didn’t want Liam in that environment. Either that was fake news or maybe they have a point. 

2 hours ago, Trish said:

Exactly. But for a coach to contact you, you must be in the portal. If not, it’s an NCAA violation. A lot of schools have committed violations within the last week by reaching out to kids who are not officially in the portal yet. 

Is your program willing to bend the rules? Most of the time it’s coaches reaching out to AAU coaches or following on IG. 

A lot of kids have agents so schools can reach out and vice versa. Or go to their high school.  Many ways to go around the actual rule. 

If you are a top recruit, you have to have thick skin. If you think our fan base is rough, you won’t make it at any other top school. Kansas won 18 straight regular season B12 titles and when they finally didn’t last year, people were wondering if Bill Self still had his “fastball”. Shoot Kentucky was in the top ten earlier in the season, with a top 5 recruiting class and people were wanting Calapari’s head. Call our fan base what you want (not you personally) but I call our fan base the most passionate in the country and foaming at the mouth for a winning team. If you don’t want to help with that and allow that to drive you, then good luck somewhere else. Grass won’t be as green there as you think.

*not a shot at you, more less to the McNeeley’s or players that don’t want to come because of “toxic” fan base.

6 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

If you grew up in a small city and planned on building your career there, wouldn’t it be career suicide to bash the guy who is essentially your boss? Who here would do that?

And for all the discussion about Leal making more money… he gave a lot to help his sister. He didn’t selfishly profit for his own good. 

Somewhere today I thought I read here that the McNeely family found the IU fan base toxic… and didn’t want Liam in that environment. Either that was fake news or maybe they have a point. 

Not accurate. Was coaching staff ignoring him and the awful offense. 

6 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

So, we're now back to blaming fans for McNeeley decommitting? 

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

oh Steubs....never change