Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I thought he was golfing but it appears he is taking that blank check from the Simon's and locking up everyone. The Woodson magic!

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

cracks me up he is going to overpay everyone he can from a horribly constructed roster just to run it back neat year with an even worse supporting cast. and the university seems ok with it.  will have the highest payroll in the country on a team that will be on the bubble probably at best. "its indiana"

I thought he was golfing but it appears he is taking that blank check from the Simon's and locking up everyone. The Woodson magic!

Wouldn't locking up everyone be the exact opposite of what we need? Gunn and banks have to go so we can upgrade. I mean unless he can coachem up!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

If Auburn chokes in the tournament do we reach out again? Or does this nightmare continue regardless?
I assume the nightmare continues until a time when the Simon's and cook decide they don't want to fund their boy anymore. When that could be is anyone's guess. Remember woodsons thank you senior night to the guy nobody ever heard of. I believe that's the NIL guy who holds woodsons cash. Woodson darn well knows he is cooked without the happys of the world buying him a team. He would actually have to recruit.

I guess if Woodson keeps everyone and gets a elite guard in the portal and then get another elite shooter I think we would be good!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

cracks me up he is going to overpay everyone he can from a horribly constructed roster just to run it back neat year with an even worse supporting cast. and the university seems ok with it.  will have the highest payroll in the country on a team that will be on the bubble probably at best. "its indiana"

Leal isn't dumb he knew darn well he could get maximum money under Woodson. He probably couldn't even get half of what he does at iu anywhere else. No wonder he wants to chill. I assume mm and mr also know they can take Woodson to the woodshed and get whatever they want because Woodson is in a very desperate spot.

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I assume the nightmare continues until a time when the Simon's and cook decide they don't want to fund their boy anymore. When that could be is anyone's guess. Remember woodsons thank you senior night to the guy nobody ever heard of. I believe that's the NIL guy who holds woodsons cash. Woodson darn well knows he is cooked without the happys of the world buying him a team. He would actually have to recruit.

I hope I’m wrong but I was told he could lose every player and he’s still getting next season. Boosters have already ponied up their money and he gets to see what he can do with it. Which we know is not much.

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Just blows my mind that those people actually support this. I figured the whole reason they wanted Woodson was because they felt he would run the program like Knight. Buying a team full of transfers is the antithesis of Indiana basketball. 

Some of the same people have the holier than thou attitude that scoff of the idea of shooting for bruce pearl, scott drew, talk about what sampson did to the program ect. Indiana has gone full blown free agency pay to play. While it is now legal, almost feels about as dirty as you can get.

I hope I’m wrong but I was told he could lose every player and he’s still getting next season. Boosters have already ponied up their money and he gets to see what he can do with it. Which we know is not much.
Being a college sports coach is one of the few jobs you can stink at and still make millions regardless. Archie has gone 21-41 at Rhode island and is not getting fired. Woodson just needs friends in high places.

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Total $? Speculation, roughly? 

Just blows my mind that those people actually support this. I figured the whole reason they wanted Woodson was because they felt he would run the program like Knight. Buying a team full of transfers is the antithesis of Indiana basketball. 
Correct I thought these were old time fans craving the way knight did things. Woodson is the exact opposite of knight.