Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

9 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

So Bozich just made that up?

No, what he said was technically true. You read it as an implication that IU reached out to them, which isn't surprising since it was poorly written in a way to imply that. Reporters asked them about the job and they said they weren't interested. That's it.

4 minutes ago, Herotime said:

I’m not sure Bozich said it. I think the author of the link you used inferred it from Bozich and other sources.

And if you look at what the author said, the author never actually said that they turned the job down. The author said they “expressed no interest in the job.” 

That’s a true statement based on their public comments at the time. But saying they “turned the job down” as that poster is saying is their own interpretation. 

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I can 100% say that the job was never offered to Pitino or Oats. I wish we would have spoken to Oats.

From what I’m hearing a couple of very big donors are at least open about talking about replacing Woodson this season. Dolson has a very good pulse on who all would be interested. We’ll see.

I was just about to request another shot at a “We did it guys. He’s gone” Chris post, but this one is at least blowing in that direction a bit! Ha 

16 hours ago, steubenhoosier said:

You obviously don’t read or follow the conversation. You asked whether the “holier than thou “ IU administration would stoop to hire someone like Pitino. I provided a point of reference that they had done so in the past with Sampson. Not really hard to follow..

Please provide your inside information to verify your claim about how this went down 

That's a lot of words to cram into my mouth...

The fact that Indiana HAD done it earlier with Sampson and subsequently nuked the program, there's no way they'd do that again. There is no way IU would interview or hire Rick Pitino, especially after his antics at Louisville (hookers for athletes)... just wasn't going to happen.

I have no "inside information"... but it's clear that when Dolson swung for the fences and whiffed with Stevens, then Woodson, with no recent coaching experience, and absolutely zero college basketball coaching experience, and who happens to be friends with the chair of the BoT suddenly shows up as the savior to the program, all signs point to shenanigans.

3 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

That's a lot of words to cram into my mouth...

The fact that Indiana HAD done it earlier with Sampson and subsequently nuked the program, there's no way they'd do that again. There is no way IU would interview or hire Rick Pitino, especially after his antics at Louisville (hookers for athletes)... just wasn't going to happen.

I have no "inside information"... but it's clear that when Dolson swung for the fences and whiffed with Stevens, then Woodson, with zero recent coaching experience, and absolutely zero college basketball coaching experience, and who happens to be friends with the chair of the BoT suddenly shows up as the savior to the program, all signs point to shenanigans.

Hey, I’m the new guy here and just trying to get the lay of the land. I hear that certain people are more connected than others and trying to discern what is valid information and what is opinion.

I am not trying to make enemies. Just trying to understand how this board works 

1 minute ago, steubenhoosier said:

Hey, I’m the new guy here and just trying to get the lay of the land. I hear that certain people are more connected than others and trying to discern what is valid information and what is opinion.

I am not trying to make enemies. Just trying to understand how this board works 

This is @Chris007's board. Everything else is just noise. ; ) 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

That’s not true. Oldfart is in charge and you hope you don’t get a PM from him. It’s a lot like going to the principals office. USPS watches more basketball than anyone and Stuhoo is the most level headed poster.

I wish I could get a PM from @Class of '66 Old Fart