Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Woodson knows what is going on right now.  He doesn't need some @$$ hat at a HS basketball game to come up and rub his nose in it so he can go brag about it on the internet.  People who do what he did get written off as a-hole cranks.

There are really only a few ways fans are heard.  If you got money, like real F you kind of money, you got a direct line to Dolson.  If you don't, you need other fans to be where you are and together your power is in optics.  A half empty Assembly Hall and people not interacting with the program in significant numbers is how your voice gets heard.

And honestly, complaining about things on boards like this or Twitter does the same.  The University has people watching the internet discussions.

Yea that just isn't going to happen. Indiana fans show up to games. Indiana fans will just let you hear it, like the boos. Both are warranted. You can maybe count on 1 hand the amount of Indiana fans who have F You money. Don't want fans to tell you to retire? Don't suck at your job. Hell, actually do your job.

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I wasn't actually asking. Dude was as respectful as humanly possible. Comes with thr territory so Woody better get a thick skin amd start doing his job .

No, actually thats a pretty disrespectful route to go. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This is deteriorating quickly it appears.

Everyone feels it.

No need to make things worse over the next 2 weeks.

Let it play itself out.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

It can definitely get worse too. I have no doubts that Woody only went last night because he was told to. I don't think he cared whatsoever to be there. Get whooped in multiple of f the last 4 games, you're gonna get a lot of boos and vocal fans. It seemed to take a fan for Tom Allen to make a move at OC this past year too.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

No, actually thats a pretty disrespectful route to go. 

Uhh... Nope. Comes with the territory. Wanna make 4.5 million at the most valuable program in the country with arguably the largest fanbase? Then be better at your job. Actually show up to do your job.

1 hour ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

I wonder how many times a college coach actually brought his wife to recruit?  The guy probably didn’t expect him to have his wife there. 

This makes me speculate that Woodson's wife was in town from Atlanta and he wasn't planning on recruiting, but he was told he needs to get his a$$ out there and recruit the state.  

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

WTF is his wife doing at a HS basketball game the coach is scouting.  Is it take your wife to work day or something.   

Hopefully she talks some sense to him on the ride back home.  

I thought the same thing too. She goes to a lot of games with him. I sort of get a, “My wife and I are going to watch my grandson play” feel. Lol

When I see them together, it looks more like pleasure or “date night” than business…lol

7 hours ago, mamasa said:

Thank you! I hate seeing “he gets paid xxx so we can act like he’s not a human” posts. Do people really think Woody didn’t want to win? Doesn’t matter how much you get paid, failure hurts 

Yeah, be respectful...

But regarding Woodson's "desire" to win and his "preparation" to win - two vastly different things... everyone wants to win ("desire") but not everyone is willing to do the things necessary to put yourself in position to win (preparation). That "preparation to win" includes recruiting, teaching, helping and practicing... given the fact that we haven't hit many free throws, for example, is on the coaching staff. The sitting home on nights when the HS sectionals are going on (and having to be told by your AD to go watch some of the games) is not demonstrating the will to prepare and do what is necessary. Woodson has no relationships with these kids, their parents, their coaches, and just expects them to flock to Indiana because 40 years ago we were good, or because a player 40 years removed is now coaching.

Failure can be downright painful, especially when you don't put in the effort... and Woodson has that in spades.

The fact that Woodson is paid $4+M to coach a basketball team also comes with responsibilities to produce something... but the apparent lack of effort also stirs up the resentment from fans... 

Finally, depending on how "threatening" the fellow was when he shared his opinion, telling Woodson to his face that needs to retire isn't necessarily offensive... and it certainly doesn't make it any less true. 

8 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Well Mrs Woodson clearly looked more pi$$ed than pleasured in that photo... and for $4+M/year, maybe throw on a pair of jeans instead of the skanky sweats. :D

….Snuggie, that way she can sleep on the car ride home. 

26 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea that just isn't going to happen. Indiana fans show up to games. Indiana fans will just let you hear it, like the boos. Both are warranted. You can maybe count on 1 hand the amount of Indiana fans who have F You money. Don't want fans to tell you to retire? Don't suck at your job. Hell, actually do your job.

Can't disagree... and I don't hate this take.

12 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

As far as questioning someone’s work ethic… I just have to laugh. This thread is now nearly 400 pages, with many comments made during working hours. I wonder how many on here who are posting regularly and/or following the conversation closely have actually “showed up to do their job.?”

I'm retired... #winning

11 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Inn… nope. It comes with a society who now believes it’s acceptable, actually encouraged to make comments on social media and forums like these without fear of repercussions. This thread is a prime example of how things just snowball and embolden people to believe it is their right to be as disrespectful as they want. Makes them say or do things they never would if they knew they could be held accountable. 

As far as questioning someone’s work ethic… I just have to laugh. This thread is now nearly 400 pages, with many comments made during working hours. I wonder how many on here who are posting regularly and/or following the conversation closely have actually “showed up to do their job.?”

Oh yea I'm sure no one had ever publicly told a coach to retire or step down before social media. Nope. Not once.

10 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I want to identify as retired lol

Do your job like Woodson does and you will get your wish. LOL

It's sad that in Woodson's contract (or any other coaches contract) there are no goals for winning games, winning percentages or recruiting, but there are plenty of incentives for winning the league or getting into the tournament. Sign the contract and win or lose you get paid. There is zero accountability for not doing the job.