Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Yeah I aspire to be retired lol

3 kids in college… I’m dead in the water :) $$$$

I am retired and I work harder now than when I was employed. My wife is 25 years younger than me and I am her full time house bit??!

She doesn't do one thing around the house. I answer the servants bell she has 24/7.

25 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I'm retired... #winning

Congratulations! You won the internet today for being the example for all of what a dream retirement looks like… sitting in front of a basketball forum all day 

13 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I am retired and I work harder now than when I was employed. My wife is 25 years younger than me and I am her full time house bit??!

She doesn't do one thing around the house. I answer the servants bell she has 24/7.

Well, but you have a trophy wife

:)

Regarding the punk kid who called out Woody at the HS game.  I really think it's his fault the program is in such bad shape.  I'm pretty sure it must have been his dad who was a student at the time uttered the infamous words "Hey Knight" which was the event that started this train wreck of a program! (Just kidding, sort of)

I don’t think anyone was saying him being paid a ton excuses the behavior. I, for one, was merely pointing out that the compensation is super high because dealing with idiots and being a public figure is part of the job. Wanna make 75,000 dollars per win to date? Okay great, unfortunately you will have to deal with the occasional jerk and thousands of people booing you at home on national TV. 

Maybe the fan just thought if he wanted Mike Woodson to retire he had to go tell Mike Woodson in person? Lol I’m kidding of course, but at least this gave us something to talk about today. My coffee this morning has been entertaining catching up on the thread. 

29 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Congratulations! You won the internet today for being the example for all of what a dream retirement looks like… sitting in front of a basketball forum all day 

It’s all good if you’re living your passion…we are all on here quite a bit either posting or reading..lol

9 minutes ago, ronzo4IU said:

I may be old-fashioned, but I have a problem with a young kid still wet behind the ears telling an old man what to do. I would’ve got a razor strap on my behind.

Dad wasn't happy when we took his car keys away... but it was still the right thing to do... :D 

41 minutes ago, Willkie71 said:

Regarding the punk kid who called out Woody at the HS game.  I really think it's his fault the program is in such bad shape.  I'm pretty sure it must have been his dad who was a student at the time uttered the infamous words "Hey Knight" which was the event that started this train wreck of a program! (Just kidding, sort of)

I must have missed something.  I thought the original post was a fan.  Do we know it was a kid?  

2 minutes ago, JF87 said:

I must have missed something.  I thought the original post was a fan.  Do we know it was a kid?  

No, I think you're right. He did say something about watching him as a player.  Maybe it was the guy himself? :D

5 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Mu senior year of high school Matt Painter and Delta played at Knightstown. Gene Keady was there and his wife was with him.

My high school graduating class was only about 80 people. The art teacher's name was Mrs. Preston. 

She only ever went to soccer games though. Never did see her husband around, though...

3 hours ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I don’t think anyone was saying him being paid a ton excuses the behavior. I, for one, was merely pointing out that the compensation is super high because dealing with idiots and being a public figure is part of the job. Wanna make 75,000 dollars per win to date? Okay great, unfortunately you will have to deal with the occasional jerk and thousands of people booing you at home on national TV. 

Really has nothing to do with pay, and everything to do with profile. If you want a high profile job it comes with a lot of attention. If times are good you bask in all the great attention you get. I’m sure Woody had no issue accepting all the back pats from sweeping Purdue last year, and he’s man enough to roll with the punches when things go bad. I get the impression this board has collectively thought about this incident more than Woody has.  

Pay has to do with the difficulty of the job. IU pays like it’s a top 10 job. IU doesn’t even really demand top 10 results from what I can tell. But the nature of being paid like a top coach is getting top coach results.  The VP for Apple’s R&D team has the same expectations, but much less profile. So nobody yells at him at dinner when their iPhone freezes up. Alternatively, I know people with high profiles and lower salaries that take much more abuse than Woody could ever dream of. 

13 minutes ago, JF87 said:

The first of many Too Soon to Move On From Woodson articles.  

Indiana’s Cruel Optimism - The Crimson Quarry

I am going to be that guy.  I don’t read their crap because it is most of the time sunshine until it’s too late crap.  When you know you know.  You just caught the cord.  

34 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Dad wasn't happy when we took his car keys away... but it was still the right thing to do... :D 

I know that exact feeling. I had to take my Dad's keys away from him late in his life as his eyesight became worse and worse. It felt to both of us like robbing him of his independence, but for the safety of himself, Mom and anyone else on the road, it had to be done. Luckily, I and a couple of my siblings lived close by and could take he and Mom wherever they wanted to go, whenever they wanted. 

I totally get it.  Been driving since I was 15 1/2 and been a car guy all my life.  So as Charlton Heston would say, "They have to take those keys away from my cold dead hands!"  lol

Woody played under RMK, played and coached in most major cities in the country.  I’m sure the abuse he has endured his entire career has given him a very thick skin. He probably forgot about it by the time the guy walked away. 

The money is great but I believe when he said this was his dream job he meant it.  He’s always loved IU and RMK and stayed in contact with him right up until the end. I believe he wanted badly to hang that banner he never got to as a player. 

This job simply isn’t working and deep down I believe he knows it but can’t accept it yet.  I really hope Dolson pulls the trigger after this season, it would be better for everyone.   I would like to believe Woody will accept it and not fight it.  A public fight would be yet another black eye for IU and tarnish his legacy.

Time to move on. Bring on Brucie….