Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

That’s not true. Oldfart is in charge and you hope you don’t get a PM from him. It’s a lot like going to the principals office. USPS watches more basketball than anyone and Stuhoo is the most level headed poster.

Yeah....a level below most lol

Check prediction league results historically.  Them are the smart ones

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I can 100% say that the job was never offered to Pitino or Oats. I wish we would have spoken to Oats.

From what I’m hearing a couple of very big donors are at least open about talking about replacing Woodson this season. Dolson has a very good pulse on who all would be interested. We’ll see.

Finishing 12th or 13th in the Big Ten could do that for you. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

They expressed “no interest” in the job because they were asked about it by reporters. You’re acting like they called a press conference to announce their lack of interest in the job. Pitino was asked about it in a press conference before his team’s NCAA tournament game, and he answered the question. In the same answer he said that Iona was his last coaching stop, and then he left two years later. Do you really think a school with IU’s holier than thou attitude would have offered the job to one of the sleaziest coaches in college basketball? 

Look, all you can go by is the article.  It says expressed no interest.  Could mean IU reached out and they said "not interested."  Could mean a reporter did.  Could mean anyone did.  Typical half a$$ media reporting today.   

50 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

That’s not true. Oldfart is in charge and you hope you don’t get a PM from him. It’s a lot like going to the principals office. USPS watches more basketball than anyone and Stuhoo is the most level headed poster.

I know. I've been here for years. I'm just having fun at how we're all await word from you about CMW's future. 

2 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

This is true but it isn’t even that. Said this a few days ago and people glossed over it.

You don’t need any inside info, Trilly discord etc to understand the situation. You can be mad, talk about how this is doomed etc for the 500th post. Fans can stop coming. Dolson can be 100% ready to move and it doesn’t matter if he doesn’t have big donor support. He can’t pay for this divorce without it. Period. You can say IU prints money, yep but they don’t spend their own much on coach salaries, facilities, etc. 

He isn’t going to get that support to push Woodson out this year and hire a guy like May.  Next year maybe. That Pearl stuff came from the IU donor side. Not sure which one but it did.

If Dolson wants it done, he has to have it 100% locked up for a proven winner or it won’t happen.  It is the only way not to start over like Crean did. (Yes, portal helps but you need a name not to hit reset). You need a guy who can come in and keep Liam, Malik, MM etc because his name is respected with recruits and their ability to get them to next level.  

Has to be 100% too because rich people, no matter how rich, like their money and don’t like to throw it away. They all remember Brad from last time. So he better come with contract in hand for that money.

His only other slim chance is if he has universal player support. I.E. they are all leaving. Don’t see that. 

This doesn’t come down to Dolson, Buckner etc. it is donors. 

IU gets about $100 mil for just their new tv deal. That’s a massive increase that can cover any buyout for Woodson if the school chooses. Dolson doesn’t need booster money for a buyout. He does need it for NIL though. 

And I am the poster whose claim to fame is saying that Dan Dakich puts ketchup on his chicken sandwiches, so there is that.

That’s not true. Oldfart is in charge and you hope you don’t get a PM from him. It’s a lot like going to the principals office. USPS watches more basketball than anyone and Stuhoo is the most level headed 

HearThatI’mEXTREMELYLevelHeaded…Bwahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

If I’m the most level-headed poster we’ve got some serious issues round these parts. Maybe I’m like the tallest midget.

2 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

How does having hired Sampson (in the past, relative to this opening/hiring) have any impact on whether or not IU actually interviewed/tried to interview Pitino? (answer: it doesn't).

Dolson offered Stevens, and when Stevens said "no" Dolson was caught with his proverbial pants down... the rest is a bad dream.

I think the Stevens situation had us scrambling bc (from what I’ve heard) he expressed interest in the job and talks progressed to the point of an offer sheet being expected to be signed. We thought we had our guy. A couple highly respected people on this board, who have been right about a lot of things, were convinced it was done. Barstool reported that he tried to resign twice with the Celtics. It all lined up once it was announced that Ainge was stepping down and Stevens was going to be the President of Operations. 

We had very little time to conduct a comprehensive search after that fell apart. Not buying Bozich’s story. Not saying he made it up but I would guess he was given some bad info. 

This is true but it isn’t even that. Said this a few days ago and people glossed over it.
You don’t need any inside info, Trilly discord etc to understand the situation. You can be mad, talk about how this is doomed etc for the 500th post. Fans can stop coming. Dolson can be 100% ready to move and it doesn’t matter if he doesn’t have big donor support. He can’t pay for this divorce without it. Period. You can say IU prints money, yep but they don’t spend their own much on coach salaries, facilities, etc. 
He isn’t going to get that support to push Woodson out this year and hire a guy like May.  Next year maybe. That Pearl stuff came from the IU donor side. Not sure which one but it did.
If Dolson wants it done, he has to have it 100% locked up for a proven winner or it won’t happen.  It is the only way not to start over like Crean did. (Yes, portal helps but you need a name not to hit reset). You need a guy who can come in and keep Liam, Malik, MM etc because his name is respected with recruits and their ability to get them to next level.  
Has to be 100% too because rich people, no matter how rich, like their money and don’t like to throw it away. They all remember Brad from last time. So he better come with contract in hand for that money.
His only other slim chance is if he has universal player support. I.E. they are all leaving. Don’t see that. 
This doesn’t come down to Dolson, Buckner etc. it is donors. 
I can buy all of this. If I were a donor I'd want a signed contract from a proven winner before bailing these bafoons out yet again. Be interested to know which donor is talking about Pearl if that is in fact true. Could we have a peepee measuring contest take place with donors? I'm a big fan of any donor that wants a tried and true winning coach.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

HearThatHovaI’mVERYVERYlevelHeaded! 

Bwahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

If I’m the most level-headed poster we’ve got some serious issues round these parts. Maybe I’m like the tallest midget.

You cannot trust his judgment on everything. I mean, @Chris007 has to be wrong at least once. :D 

I can 100% say that the job was never offered to Pitino or Oats. I wish we would have spoken to Oats.
From what I’m hearing a couple of very big donors are at least open about talking about replacing Woodson this season. Dolson has a very good pulse on who all would be interested. We’ll see.
Hearing anything specific regarding Pearl rumors?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Just now, Chris007 said:

No just the normal back channel stuff. 

Well for those who don’t track all the back channel stuff like you and I, did we make any back, side or front channel connection with Pearl?

2 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Well for those who don’t track all the back channel stuff like you and I, did we make any back, side or front channel connection with Pearl?

We’ll hopefully it goes from back channel to side channel and then if we get front channel we’re in good shape.

I’m onboard with Oats, Pearl, any P5 coach.

My candidate choice is a proven P5 conference coach that’s a proven winner.  No risk for this hire and I think Dusty May, ISU’s coach and any one below a P5 would be a risk to me.  This is my opinion and we’ve already been burned by non P5 head coaches, yes you can include Davis in this group.  Yes it narrows our scope but that’s where the search should start and end, IMO

34 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

HearThatI’mEXTREMELYLevelHeaded…Bwahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

Think that just means it’s easier for you to do a head stand. Carry on.