Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

IU kept it to a single digit loss. They've only had 3 others of those. Moral victory!

Just rewatched the last shot by Gunn, toe on the line we lose by 10.  I don't care that they scored it a 3!

I wonder if Woody will be told today that he won't be back but will get to finish the season and claim retirement at season's end. You don't fire him before the end of the season because there isn't really a point to do that. However, he can be aware that this is it and meanwhile Dolson can be getting his ducks in a row to announce ASAP.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I wonder if Woody will be told today that he won't be back but will get to finish the season and claim retirement at season's end. You don't fire him before the end of the season because there isn't really a point to do that. However, he can be aware that this is it and meanwhile Dolson can be getting his ducks in a row to announce ASAP.

Not going to happen!  Wishful thinking but he will be back next year no matter how many pages this thread is.  

Lost to PSU twice 

Nebraska twice 

Purdue twice 

northwestern at Home 

Blown out all P5 non con games except Lville 

Please IU Admin fire him and staff. IU Admin I want to support IUBB with my viewership, fandom, and $ but I refuse to support this garbage product. IUBB is born on 3rd base how can you mess it up this bad

I know I will get ridiculed but I sent this to Dolson.

Dear Scott,

I know you have a tough job and probably are tired of fans like me emailing you. This basketball program is a dumpster fire and there is no hope for the future. It is time to bring the Mike Woodson era of coaching Indiana to an end. He is not the answer and every game is proving it even more. Don't wait until the end of the year but do it tonight because he is just clueless coaching the college game. We run a terrible offense where we don't emphasize 3 point shooting and just go through the post. You can't win in tbe college game playing this way. Today we went the first 38 minutes without hitting a 3 which is embarrassing.

Coach Woodson has lost this fan base and if you bring him back it will only get worse next year. You already have seen fans booing at home games and leaving early at home because of being blown out. 

Thank you, 

Scott Roberts 

3 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Unfortunately, this is merely wishful thinking. There’s no way to “hide” a retirement that’s actually a termination. He’s a public employee with a public contract. 

And Woodson has 15 million reasons not to actually retire. He’d be a fool not to force the university to fire him without cause and get that insane buyout. Would he accept a lower buyout to go away? Maybe. But probably not by much. Would you leave millions on the table that you’re entitled to by contract? I wouldn’t. 

Dolson made an absurdly dumb hire and agreed to an absurdly stupid contract. University will pay for it.  

2 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I know I will get ridiculed but I sent this to Dolson.

Dear Scott,

I know you have a tough job and probably are tired of fans like me emailing you. This basketball program is a dumpster fire and there is no hope for the future. It is time to bring the Mike Woodson era of coaching Indiana to an end. He is not the answer and every game is proving it even more. Don't wait until the end of the year but do it tonight because he is just clueless coaching the college game. We run a terrible offense where we don't emphasize 3 point shooting and just go through the post. You can't win in tbe college game playing this way. Today we went the first 38 minutes without hitting a 3 which is embarrassing.

Coach Woodson has lost this fan base and if you bring him back it will only get worse next year. You already have seen fans booing at home games and leaving early at home because of being blown out. 

Thank you, 

Scott Roberts 

Thanks for your resilience and dedication!

10 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Sadly, I think, because of who he is, he will be given every opportunity to right the ship. No matter how unlikely it is, it’s still possible they could win the Big Ten tournament. There’s like a .000001 percent chance, but it’s still possible.