Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

This all reminds me of the scene in Christmas Vacation when Clark questions Ellen about things getting worse. "Worse? Take a look around you Ellen. We're at the threshold of hell!"

Worse is when he gets a year 4.

12 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

This all reminds me of the scene in Christmas Vacation when Clark questions Ellen about things getting worse. "Worse? Take a look around you Ellen. We're at the threshold of hell!"

That whole movie has a lot of good scenes.

Definitely did seem odd that he all of a sudden directed the blame solely toward himself. Agree with others who said it’s almost like someone talked to him about what he says to the press and calling kids out. “I won’t blame my players. I will always blame Mike Woodson.” He knows people haven’t liked his tone and is either being told to change it, or is in desperation BS mode of just trying to make the right people think he’s changing. When he said “I’m not happy with the way I coached this team”, I can see how people may hope that’s some type of message of saying he knows he’s done, but honestly I could see him saying it past tense like that as just speaking about a season that is almost over and looking back on it…….

…..but im hoping it’s him knowing he’s done.

13 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Definitely did seem odd that he all of a sudden directed the blame solely toward himself. Agree with others who said it’s almost like someone talked to him about what he says to the press and calling kids out. “I won’t blame my players. I will always blame Mike Woodson.” He knows people haven’t liked his tone and is either being told to change it, or is in desperation BS mode of just trying to make the right people think he’s changing. When he said “I’m not happy with the way I coached this team”, I can see how people may hope that’s some type of message of saying he knows he’s done, but honestly I could see him saying it past tense like that as just speaking about a season that is almost over and looking back on it…….

…..but im hoping it’s him knowing he’s done.

It’s about the season and this particular team.  He’s not going anywhere, remember?

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Imagine what we would have done if Sampson had orchestrated fake classes.  Probably would have cancelled the program and fielded a European handball team instead 

I'm mildly surprised there wasn't a self imposed post season ban after the bumper sticker ordeal. Of course too many times IU's on court performance is a post season ban but still.

Just now, DoctorP said:

Fire him, yesterday. 
Malik meets with the new coach, stays, and gives us a couple all-conference years a la TJD. 

This makes me appreciate Trayce even more—which I didn’t think was possible coming into the year. 

Trayce, Race and Kopp really masked Woodson’s coaching deficiencies, along with JHS.  Also, what would this team look like with JHS and Bates?

57 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

Does anyone think they could realistically bring Woodson back again next year if he finishes sub-.500 this year?

Unfortunately, I do think they could bring him back. Dolson sold his soul when he agreed to take donor money to pay Woodson. He is now in the donors’ pocket and I don’t think he has the mettle to do what is needed without the express authorization of his billionaire overlords.

1 hour ago, IU Prof said:

Does anyone think they could realistically bring Woodson back again next year if he finishes sub-.500 this year?

Oooh. Oooh, let me answer!  Heck yes!  It’s going to happen and this program will sink even further into that black hole, the B10 might have to kick us out because we aren’t good at football and basketball, lol

1 minute ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Unfortunately, I do think they could bring him back. Dolson sold his soul when he agreed to take donor money to pay Woodson. He is now in the donors’ pocket and I don’t think he has the mettle to do what is needed without the express authorization of his billionaire overlords.

I thought it was Buckner who was calling the shots on hiring Woodson. Now it's donors? Anyone but Dolson, I guess.

3 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Exactly!