Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Can’t wait until the end of the year presser.

”Mike how do you plan to improve your team next year?.”

Mike: “I don’t think I had the right players. My team will be competing for big ten. 

Can’t wait until the end of the year presser.
”Mike how do you plan to improve your team next year?.”
Mike: “I don’t think I had the right players. My team will be competing for big ten. 

“My team was young and we lost our 6th year SR point guard”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, BlueDevil said:

Tony Bennett would be more open to leaving UVA now than say 3-4 years ago IMO. That’s a guy that I would have on my shortlist. 

Good coach, but some here would go crazy watching his offense. Personally, I don't give a crap if they play fast or slow as long as they win.

5 hours ago, cleeter said:

“My team was young and we lost our 6th year SR point guard”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“We lost a lot of leadership from last year and haven’t found anyone who wants to step up. Last off-season we spent a lot of the time having the guys get to know one another.”- Woodson Fall 2024 / Winter 2025

8 hours ago, BlueDevil said:

Tony Bennett would be more open to leaving UVA now than say 3-4 years ago IMO. That’s a guy that I would have on my shortlist. 

UVA is definitely struggling in the new NIL world. What I don’t know is if TB would be interested in a program that could compete in that world, or if he’s just reaching the point where he walks away, either to NBA or retirement. 

I’ve always hated the argument that his team’s are too boring to watch. When he’s got talent, UVA’s offensive efficiency has been quite good. What is a challenge in the current environment, however, is that the pack line takes time to learn, and it’s hard these days to keep kids around while they’re are not getting as much PT as they are learning it.

11 hours ago, str8baller said:

He’d tell you to pound sand since he runs the offense his dad came up with and it’s generally pretty efficient. Not to mention won a title. Not much to much different than Knight’s except for pace.

And the difference in pace is incredibly drastic.

It can't be stated enough how terrible this hire truly was! I was hoping the guys making the big bucks knew what they were doing. Hopefully we never hire a guy who has never coached college ball again.

Nick Nolte was more qualified!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Our more popular Twitter personalities are getting swarmed by burner accounts. Lol. What a scene.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I’m a little surprised to see the #9windiana crowd suggesting the furor is an overreaction to “one bad year.” Say what you will but that’s a smart and connected group, given the contract situation, roster and recruiting concerns, ‘25 class I would’ve thought they’d be more ready to move on.

Not sure they’re particularly influential but they were out EARLY on Archie, for example, and right to be so

16 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

It can't be stated enough how terrible this hire truly was! I was hoping the guys making the big bucks knew what they were doing. Hopefully we never hire a guy who has never coached college ball again.

Nick Nolte was more qualified!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Yeah it would be cool to see him punt a ball into the balcony.

8 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I’m a little surprised to see the #9windiana crowd suggesting the furor is an overreaction to “one bad year.” Say what you will but that’s a smart and connected group, given the contract situation, roster and recruiting concerns, ‘25 class I would’ve thought they’d be more ready to move on.

Not sure they’re particularly influential but they were out EARLY on Archie, for example, and right to be so

In a sense it is just “one” bad year.  Problem is he’s wasted the three years and failed to build any foundation.  If you get lost in the win/loss record you’ll miss the real issue.  

11 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

In a sense it is just “one” bad year.  Problem is he’s wasted the three years and failed to build any foundation.  If you get lost in the win/loss record you’ll miss the real issue.  

Oh agree — I think posters saying the hire was a colossal failure are overstating it, the first two years were good (given the starting point) but not great. Stabilizing after Arch was huge.

But standing pat now would be a huge blunder. Kinda think Dolson knows.

Yep another wasted three years

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk