Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

This thread is wild. I wish I had faith in Woodson or his staff. I don’t, and haven’t for quite a while. We might have 14 wins but we literally haven’t played 1 great game or beaten one good/great team all season. The emptiest 14 wins one can accumulate.

Our AD has work on his hands for sure. We need a new coach and that coach needs to do some awesome portal work immediately. It won’t be easy but it needs to happen, and everyone knows it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
That's just it not one of our 14 wins is against a good team. You can normally point to a few good wins at least. We have none.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

Do we think Woody has learned from the first go around vs Penn State not to have Cupps bring the ball up alone?

Cupps shouldn't even be starting in reality. I love the kid, but he's not ready for prime time. He gets torched more often than not.

I think we all did, mainly we just wanted to move on from the dumpster fire Archie Miller created 
Yep and quinn saw his opening. Genius on quinns part really.

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Yep and quinn saw his opening. Genius on quinns part really.

Maybe but it’s created some animosity from the fanbase, especially those fans who idolized Buckner and Woodson for their Hoosier basketball accomplishments, including myself 

3 hours ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

This is kind of like saying if Keith Smart didn't hit that last shot against Syracuse in '87 IU wouldn't have a 5th banner. 

If Keith Smart doesn’t make that shot everybody and their mom still knows who Bobby Knight is. Not sure you can say the same about Dusty May. So no it’s not kind of like comparing the two. I’d hire Bob Knight ten times over if Keith Smart didn’t hit that shot.

I “think” Dusty May could do great things here, but the emphasis is on think. Not sold yet. Still lots to like about him though.

Edited by AH1971

Maybe but it’s created some animosity from the fanbase, especially those fans who idolized Buckner and Woodson for their Hoosier basketball accomplishments, including myself 

I meant genius for quinn to get his guy in. He knew fans were so desperate to get archie out they would probably be open to anyone else. He knew this was his chance. It failed miserably like I expected but quinn got what he wanted.

8 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I meant genius for quinn to get his guy in. He knew fans were so desperate to get archie out they would probably be open to anyone else. He knew this was his chance. It failed miserably like I expected but quinn got what he wanted.

And he may have set us back many years by doing that.  Now if we fire one of our own, then nobody would be secure.  We may never get a quality coach in my lifetime, and I am on the backside of that!  Also, I am not convinced that Dusty May is that coach, my fear is that he is another Archie Miller.  Didn’t Archie make an elite 8?

16 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

And he may have set us back many years by doing that.  Now if we fire one of our own, then nobody would be secure.  We may never get a quality coach in my lifetime, and I am on the backside of that!  Also, I am not convinced that Dusty May is that coach, my fear is that he is another Archie Miller.  Didn’t Archie make an elite 8?

Should a bad coach really be secure? Should Woodson be secure as a bad coach just because he played at IU?

10 hours ago, lillurk said:

Even the UVa team that won played faster than Bennett’s typical. (Bennett’s interesting, btw, though I know the history and if I were hiring him I’d ask him to please hire an OC, football-style).

He’d tell you to pound sand since he runs the offense his dad came up with and it’s generally pretty efficient. Not to mention won a title. Not much to much different than Knight’s except for pace.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

As much as I detest him, he at least has some understanding of the college game, which is more than we can say about our current coach. 

Indeed. He knows all about "the fist." 

Should a bad coach really be secure? Should Woodson be secure as a bad coach just because he played at IU?

Why many of us never wanted an iu guy with buddies on the inside hired. Good luck firing them. That's why you saw woodsons arrogance this week. He knows he is untouchable

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

He’d tell you to pound sand since he runs the offense his dad came up with and it’s generally pretty efficient. Not to mention won a title. Not much to much different than Knight’s except for pace.

At least he has a plan... clearly Woodson doesn't...

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

I’m not saying not to fire him, he is a crappy coach.  I’m trying to say that we shouldn’t have hired him in the first place and because Quinn Buckner was so persistent in getting his buddy Woodson as our coach, it may have set us back even further and now it will make it much harder to get a quality coach

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I’d be out of place on the bench and Armond Hill already owns that position.

All you have to do is close your eyes and pretend you are taking a nap and you would blend right in

7 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I’m not saying not to fire him, he is a crappy coach.  I’m trying to say that we shouldn’t have hired him in the first place and because Quinn Buckner was so persistent in getting his buddy Woodson as our coach, it may have set us back even further and now it will make it much harder to get a quality coach

I agree with the first part but not the last.

47 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Most around here will agree that Woodson should never have been hired... but here he is, and the future does not look good with him driving the ship... so as I see it, there is only one remedy... and Dolson will need to grow a pair to get it done... 

I have lost all respect for Buckner for this stunt.