Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

26 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I know I will get ridiculed but I sent this to Dolson.

Dear Scott,

I know you have a tough job and probably are tired of fans like me emailing you. This basketball program is a dumpster fire and there is no hope for the future. It is time to bring the Mike Woodson era of coaching Indiana to an end. He is not the answer and every game is proving it even more. Don't wait until the end of the year but do it tonight because he is just clueless coaching the college game. We run a terrible offense where we don't emphasize 3 point shooting and just go through the post. You can't win in tbe college game playing this way. Today we went the first 38 minutes without hitting a 3 which is embarrassing.

Coach Woodson has lost this fan base and if you bring him back it will only get worse next year. You already have seen fans booing at home games and leaving early at home because of being blown out. 

Thank you, 

Scott Roberts 

I think you hit all the important parts Scotty, however you should have proof read it a little bit. There’s a “b” in place of a “h” the word, “the” as well as missing comma or two in spots. lol

….all out of fun, my friend, all out of fun! lol

40 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

IU kept it to a single digit loss. They've only had 3 others of those. Moral victory!

That’s it…..we just need those “moral” victories.  That’s where we as fans have been wrong!

4 hours ago, hoosierbannerd said:

The constant hiring and firing of coaches makes IU look bad.. What message does that send to future players and coaches that might be interested?... which for the record I think is total b******* but that's what I took from their podcast.

It means you could have the best job in the world — fired IU coach with a big a$$ buyout. 

37 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I wonder if Woody will be told today that he won't be back but will get to finish the season and claim retirement at season's end. You don't fire him before the end of the season because there isn't really a point to do that. However, he can be aware that this is it and meanwhile Dolson can be getting his ducks in a row to announce ASAP.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

A “Best Case” Scenario

12 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

That’s it…..we just need those “moral” victories.  That’s where we as fans have been wrong!

After 20 years we'd be on another wall if moral victories hung banners.

33 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Well this is a change of pace from his normal post-game comments.  You could almost read into it that he knows he needs to quit/retire whatever

Mike Woodson: “I’m not happy with how I coached this team … I think I can take any team and win with it … I won’t blame my players. I will always put it on Mike Woodson.”

Mike Woodson: "Again, I’m upset with the way we played, the way I’ve coached this team this whole season. We’ve lost more games at home than we’ve lost in the last two years. That’s just not good."

Is it sad that I am so cynical that I think he is just saying this stuff to show Dolson how he is taking personal responsibility and showing self awareness? Also, you said you won’t blame your players after you have blamed your players. WTF? It sounds like he is trying to placate people so he can come back next year.

4 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Is it sad that I am so cynical that I think he is just saying this stuff to show Dolson how he is taking personal responsibility and showing self awareness? Also, you said you won’t blame your players after you have blamed your players. WTF? It sounds like he is trying to placate people so he can come back next year.

Just last game he threw a player under the bus.

9 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I don't know, he just sounds beaten right now. I've talked with high school coaches who were in the death throes of their coaching gigs and they all sounded just like he does now. Kind of all over the place, rambling, speaking in platitudes, etc. 

Just now, cbp4iu said:

Did Woodson get us over the hump? He stopped talking about the hump so I assume he and the guys scaled it.

Seems they did.. they just didn’t know the other side was the free fall into oblivion. 

1 hour ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Yeah, it’s to the point that I am skeptical whenever he says anything. Can’t get past the part where he’s just trying to punk the entire fanbase. 

Did Woodson get us over the hump? He stopped talking about the hump so I assume he and the guys scaled it.

I haven’t seen no hump conquering so far this season… certainly NOT in the last four games.

17 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I think someone told him to say these things

I haven’t seen no hump conquering so far this season… certainly NOT in the last four games.
Just think we get another year of this trying to conquer the hump. Can't wait!!

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk