Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

5 minutes ago, JF87 said:

My guess is that Woodson still controls his own destiny.  Finish 3 and 3 or better and the administration probably gives him one more year.  Finish 2-4 or worse and the pressure will be on to make a change.  We have the talent to win all of our remaining games.  Can we improve enough to turn things around?  Possibly, but it's doubtful since we've seen very little consistency in this team. 

3-3, this administration would see it as turning the corner and give him an extension. Or at the very least a raise and push the buyout back again.

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

If a younger guy, like May, had these results I think we might be more lenient because he is not nearing retirement. 

I would fully expect May to take 2-3 years to build up his recruiting chops.  But by year 3 he would have more than one freaking commit.  

1 hour ago, hoosierbannerd said:

The constant hiring and firing of coaches makes IU look bad.. What message does that send to future players and coaches that might be interested?... which for the record I think is total b******* but that's what I took from their podcast.

The IU admin sets them up financially with these ridiculous buyouts for mediocre coaching at best. 

Has Woodson met Scott Dolson's expectations for running the program? I think this is what people are discounting when it comes to whether Woodson is retained.

I believe Dolson had a very clear idea of how the Mike Woodson era was going to work.

1. We were going to play modern, fast paced basketball. This was stated very clearly in the early press conferences. After the Archie Miller era, this is what Dolson wanted to bring to the program. Woodson has failed Dolson in this regard.

2. We are going to have an experienced coaching staff with experience excelling in the Big Ten conference. Dolson hires Dane Fife. Woodson couldn't work with Dane. He needed "YES" men.

3. We were going to have Thad Matta in the General Manager role. An experienced Big Ten winner. He left after 1 year and there was no reason for Woodson to replace him (after all he has Armond Hill on staff).

3 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

God this makes me want BuffaLouie’s wings.

This made me look them up online and it made me nostalgic for Bloomington lol. Have they always closed at 8:00 on weekdays and 9:00 on weekends? I could’ve sworn they were open later then that. 

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This made me look them up online and it made me nostalgic for Bloomington lol. Have they always closed at 8:00 on weekdays and 9:00 on weekends? I could’ve sworn they were open later then that. 

It was always my tailgate food for football games when I was there. It’s in a weird part of town so it might have always closed early.  

Edited by IndyHoops

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’m not sure where you live now, but they are opening a BuffaLouie’s in Carmel.