Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

28 minutes ago, JF87 said:

That does bring up the question on how low the bar is for Woodson next year.  Does top 10 in the new Big Ten and squeaking into the NCAA tournament get him extended?  My fear is that it does because they are desperate to prove Mike can coach.  

In all honesty, yes I think if we make the tournament next year Woodson will coach a 5th season.

I’m not confident he gonna make the conference tournament let alone the ncaa tournament 

I’ve seen this said so much, that maybe I missed something. Is missing the conference tournament next year like actually becoming a possibility with adding teams, or is this just a running sarcasm joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, cleeter said:

I’ve seen this said so much, that maybe I missed something. Is missing the conference tournament next year like actually becoming a possibility with adding teams, or is this just a running sarcasm joke

Four new teams joining next season makes 18 teams, only 15 will play in the conference tourney. 

1 minute ago, cleeter said:

Going forward, the B1GT will be 15 teams so it will be possible to miss it.

This year IU had a favorable schedule in a weak conference and still had to have a winning streak to get to 10 wins. They were also high in the luck factor by winning close games. So a lot went in their favor just to get those 10 wins. 

They lose Johnson, Walker, and Ware plus other loses are possible through transfer or going pro (Mgbako). It is very possible the team next year is less talented.

So, yes, missing the conference tournament is a possibility.

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

I might become a Louisville fan if he takes that job. They will start taking players from IU left and right because they will have an IU flavor just a little further south and will actually focused on winning. 

I think I’m with you. I’m convinced now more than ever that IU will never be elite again. They are masters of gaslighting us into believing they will eventually get there.

The Woodson hire, at the time it came, was such a calamitous error. Right after firing Archie, we hired Mike Woodson. 

Might as well run ads that say they’re not a serious program. 

1 hour ago, cleeter said:

Only the top 15 teams in the B1G standings will play in the B1G tournament. Not sarcasm. Not a joke.

https://www.sportstravelmagazine.com/big-ten-conference-to-alter-basketball-tournaments-in-2024-2025/

I think I’m with you. I’m convinced now more than ever that IU will never be elite again. They are masters of gaslighting us into believing they will eventually get there.

The Woodson hire, at the time it came, was such a calamitous error. Right after firing Archie, we hired Mike Woodson. 

They don't want to be elite that's the bottom line. I think the fans are finally onto them though.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I’m not confident we fill out a roster 

That's the biggest fear that I have. Or even if he can fill out the roster, all we got is a bunch of lesser talented kids that don't fit well for whatever he's trying to do. I also fear that Ware, Mbako, and Reneau would all leave. 

7 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

They kind of did, it was every article saying IU hired Woodson.

11 hours ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

Does Malik do that? Or do they just get paid now for being on the team? The way the NCAA implemented NIL will be its death. It's completely out of control, and there's no walking it back.

Most of their advertising is done through social media sponsorships. Malik does a lot with big brothers and big sisters. The whole discussion of how much these guys are getting paid or what they’re worth is just pocket watching. You’re worth what people are willing to pay you. 

6 minutes ago, sirhoosierlot said:

The whole discussion of how much these guys are getting paid or what they’re worth is just pocket watching.

I don’t think that will necessarily be the case moving forward. If you follow pro sports, you know there’s a whole element of fans that are really into drafts, salary caps, etc… GM’s probably get second guessed more than coaches.  

There’s definitely going to be a whole lot of “I can’t believe this guy got X dollars in NIL and is only averaging 4 ppg” discussions in college basketball now.