Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

7 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

You lost me when you called out Leal.

The guy sat on the bench for 3+ years and did nothing but support his teammates. He finally has gotten his chance to play and he has done a serviceable job. In fact I believe he was integral in winning a game. 

As a business owner who makes sure that 40 families are able to survive, try to put in perspective that those 40 people would maybe lay on a grenade for you just like Leal has done for his coach. 

I also said I fully appreciate the players defending their coach but that doesn't give him the right to attack the fans - the people that feed him. It's unacceptable when the coach does it and it's unacceptable when a player does too. Life is hard, Anthony. Sometimes, especially when you aren't playing well, the fans are going to let you hear it. Take that criticism and get better, not angry or defensive. You end up going down a path that is hard to turn around on.

Now they have to back it up on the court. Something I'm not certain they can do. 

30 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You may be mistaking what I’m saying.

Not that the season is a success or that Woody is the answer.

But that a coach who’s been left for dead, then wins four in a row, and then is kinda salty about it is ….

normal.

But Mike Woodson didn’t hit any 3’s, hit any free throws..including the go-ahead one, put any dunks back or hand out any assist’s. Soooo really the player’s won four in a row..not Mike Woodson. Just trying to make sure I’m understanding his press conference comments right! 

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So…. You don’t think there might just be a teensy-weensy tiny little element with just a few people that they are a teeny bit mad they’ve been wrong about loudly saying this team would tank?

Maybe not you—you’re generally a positive poster, but maybe that element is part of it with some?

Yeah, I've never understood the whole "tanking" argument. But this doesn't mean that a bunch of players are necessarily coming back. 

Ware has a lot to play for. He's trying to assure himself a spot in the NBA lottery. 

MM and Reneau have a lot to play for. I'm sure that MM would love to go pro after this year and MR had a great first half of the season. He probably also wants to see whether their would be any NBA takers. Also, either or both of the players might be playing hard to get a shot in the transfer portal with a top team next year. 

Cupps should play hard because he's trying to prove himself in his freshman year. Heck, I think often he's just trying to survive out there. 

I could go on and on. Most all of the players have a reason to keep playing hard, and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with their coach...

The guy sat on the bench for 3+ years and did nothing but support his teammates. He finally has gotten his chance to play and he has done a serviceable job. In fact I believe he was integral in winning a game. 

As a business owner who makes sure that 40 families are able to survive, try to put in perspective that those 40 people would maybe lay on a grenade for you just like Leal has done for his coach. 

Leal acting like he is aj Guyton is what's ridiculous. The fans have supported you man. Know your role

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Just now, Silat Player said:

Yeah, I've never understood the whole "tanking" argument. But this doesn't mean that a bunch of players are necessarily coming back. 

Ware has a lot to play for. He's trying to assure himself a spot in the NBA lottery. 

MM and Reneau have a lot to play for. I'm sure that MM would love to go pro after this year and MR had a great first half of the season. He probably also wants to see whether their would be any NBA takers. Also, either or both of the players might be playing hard to get a shot in the transfer portal with a top team next year. 

Cupps should play hard because he's trying to prove himself in his freshman year. Heck, I think often he's just trying to survive out there. 

I could go on and on. Most all of the players have a reason to keep playing hard, and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with their coach...

The players have a lot to play for indeed, have you seen the recruits coming in next season? They don’t want to lose their minutes with the talent coming in. Woodson doing his job with a tremendous 2024 class! 

I’ll leave it at this:

Winning cures everything

If this Mike Woodson led team wins the BTT and gets to the Sweet Sixteen? He will be deified and this salty speech (and it most certainly was) will be completely forgotten.

And if this Mike Woodson team loses their first BTT game and (potentially)their first NIT game, and next year isn’t at least a 20 win team? He will be flat-out fired and this salty speech (and it most certainly was) will STILL be completely forgotten.

Win or don’t; that will matter. His venting is not pleasant, but it’s just not a notable moment.

One final thought. If you’re turning on Anthony Leal, everyone’s gramma’s favorite player, who basically said the exact same things  as Woody? Yeesh; you might want to check yourself. 

6 minutes ago, Huntnfreak said:

But Mike Woodson didn’t hit any 3’s, hit any free throws..including the go-ahead one, put any dunks back or hand out any assist’s. Soooo really the player’s won four in a row..not Mike Woodson. Just trying to make sure I’m understanding his press conference comments right! 

No, you're getting it wrong. When they win it's because of Mike Woodson's coaching and game planning. When they lose, it's the players' fault. Mike Woodson deserves only credit and adoration, not any criticism at all. Mike Woodson won't answer any questions because it is beneath him to answer questions people have no right to ask.

Don’t slap a sh** sandwich on my plate and then attack me when I complain that you’re feeding me sh**. I don’t really care what happens with IU basketball as long as Woodson’s the coach. We’ve seen his character. That’s not the kind of guy I root for. 

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

No, you're getting it wrong. When they win it's because of Mike Woodson's coaching and game planning. When they lose, it's the players' fault. Mike Woodson deserves only credit and adoration, not any criticism at all. Mike Woodson won't answer any questions because it is beneath him to answer questions people have no right to ask.

My bad..my bad!! I’ll see myself out now…

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, steubenhoosier said:

Been on multiple IU fan boards.

This is the only one where being a fan for more than 40 years is condescended to. 
Please don’t.

Please understand that much of the financial support for the NIl or through the Alumni Club comes from the “blue haired rah rags.”

How would you like me to stereotype you. The generation that doesn’t know what is going on at the games because you’re too busy looking at your phone?

Wonder if you paid your tuition through school or were you helped by older generations who provided for you. 

The blue hairs could be your parents and are most definitely your grandparents. Are you going to typecast them that way?

You can stereotype away . Make it funny like I was trying to do . I'll make sure to call the ladies at  the legion tomorrow blue haired goddesses . I'm sure they will smile and enjoy it . From now on . I will use boomer , octergarian or just plain old rah rah fans  . Yes I would type cast them that way . They would of found the humour in it . Before they died . Now I'm sad .

Edited by Muskie for three

12 minutes ago, mamasa said:

It’s not the length of your fandom tenure that people are looking down upon, it’s your abrasive and condescending style. You’re bitching about stereotypes and then throw out your own. I’ve read your posts for years, you’re not trying to “understand the way things work here”, you’re posting passive-aggressively and people here see thru it

Sure. Love being called a blue hair.

Purposely threw out my own because no poster should make blanket statements.

And yes, I am trying to understand who stands where.

Glad you have followed me for years. Sorry I don’t recognize your user name from the past.

I am trying to find a foothold here and sorry you think otherwise. I don’t know why you think I am abusive just because I don’t agree with the majority 

8 minutes ago, Muskie for three said:

You can stereotype away . Make it funny like I was trying to do . I'll make sure to call the ladies at  the legion tomorrow blue haired goddesses . I'm sure they will smile and enjoy it . From now on . I will use boomer , octergarian or just plain old rah rah fans  . Yes I would type cast them that way . They would of found the humour in it . Before they died . Now I'm sad .

Sorry. Didn’t see the humor.

If your grandparents are still alive give them a hug and tell them that you love them 

23 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Is it not possible to “lay on a grenade” for Woodson without dumping on the fans? Leal really should be the last one to dump on the fans. He’s gotten a ton of support from the fans despite being player #13 on the roster for most of his career here. Pretty unprovoked, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

Is it not possible to “lay on a grenade” for Woodson without dumping on the fans? Leal really should be the last one to dump on the fans. He’s gotten a ton of support from the fans despite being player #13 on the roster for most of his career here. Pretty unprovoked, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

I think the problem is that, this entire shitshow started because of a fake “rumor” that Leal and many others hated CMW. and would bolt from IU as soon as they could.

When someone starts a rumor about you and impinges on your character. I would hope you would not take it lying down. Its usually pretty easy to tell when a team has quit on their coach. And it appears that is not the case here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk