Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Don't worry y'all... We are in the part of the bracket where we likely play Penn State... Who Woody is 1-5. IF, he can get his 2nd win over them, they play Nebraska. Who Woody is 3-2 against, but has gotten his azz handed to him in 2 games this year. So will we win even a game? Probably not. Because Penn State and Nebraska are the worst teams we could have played.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Fair enough.  My opinion is his coaching leaves a whole lot to be desired, he has an advantage now that those coaches going back to 2008 could only dream of, and he is an arrogant *******.  Not a fan.  He has completely turned me off.  I couldn't give a **** what they do the rest of the year.  They aren't winning anything that matters so go win some games in the BTT, go on some run in the NIT.  Who gives a .....

I am with you my friend. It is not a good feeling to be dead in the water from a tournament standpoint despite winning four in a row. Only hoping cooler heads prevail and folks can find a way to take some joy from our boys maybe ripping off a few more wins before the 6 month dark times rather than just being angry with our lot. Taking solace that if we had scheduled more trash games (or won the ones we had) and won them by 20 each we would be sitting pretty like MSU with the same record and resume.

2 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

As someone who owns 3 businesses built from the ground up, now with over 40 employees - I fully EXPECT my employees to tell me when I'm doing a **** job or making **** decisions. I welcome it. You can't succeed in this life if you can't handle criticism. In fact, we have meetings on Monday and Friday to do this very thing - criticize and brainstorm how the week went and go over the **** decisions I made (I make a lot of them). 

If I ever acted like Mike Woodson and blamed our customers (the way he blames fans), I'd expect to be put out of business with 24 hours.

Woodson is a punk and Anthony Leal is right behind him. I fully appreciate the players defending their coach (everyone who ever played for him, including Carmelo Anthony, loves Woody) but what has he actually won? NOTHING. To come after the fans - the man is destroying his legacy. He's now put himself in a position where it's win or **** off and blame someone else for sucking at your job. What a loser.

Bravo!  Bravo!!!!  That was said perfectly!  Exactly how a President, CEO, Plant Manager, CFO, and a head basketball coach should act.  We are stakeholders and we are customers and he is providing us a defective product.  

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You may be mistaking what I’m saying.

Not that the season is a success or that Woody is the answer.

But that a coach who’s been left for dead, then wins four in a row, and then is kinda salty about it is ….

normal.

He went 10-10 in a bad Big Ten.  I mean, yeah you are 450 pounds and you just had a heart attack but didn't die.  I just think saying "See, stop talking about how unhealthy I am" to your doctor who has been saying your diet could kill you is really the route to go.

13 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

I have been on this board for almost 3 weeks. I can’t recall you saying one thing positive about IU basketball. Not just on this thread about the coach, but any thread.

Surely, there is somewhere in the past where you supported IU 

Welllllllll…….

He’s no less positive than Hornsby! 
So there’s that.

Woodson was awfully cocky for beating 4 teams .500 and below the last two weeks while losing his top recruit. 

Heck of a job coach! 
They are a combined 37-42 in the big ten but he did his job.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Yes act like your disappointed so far but have faith we will win the big ten tournament. He'll apologize for failing so far. Not divide the fanbase. To think a knight player is crying about disappointed fans is beyond laughable. Shouldn't Woodson be kicking **** and throwing stuff around to show he is upset lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Maybe a chair!  Especially if play Purdue again! 

Here is where we are in iu basketball. The big pr move to get the fans excited was leal and trey announcing they aren't done and are coming back! Now go back in your memory and think of previous were returning announcements. Where does gallo and leal stack up? You would have though it was tjd or calbert or dj white up there. I am truly happy they are coming back but hype train I am not

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

They are a combined 37-42 in the big ten but he did his job.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

He did his job and he is the coach here, understand that. PARTNER! 

7 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

As someone who owns 3 businesses built from the ground up, now with over 40 employees - I fully EXPECT my employees to tell me when I'm doing a **** job or making **** decisions. I welcome it. You can't succeed in this life if you can't handle criticism. In fact, we have meetings on Monday and Friday to do this very thing - criticize and brainstorm how the week went and go over the **** decisions I made (I make a lot of them). 

If I ever acted like Mike Woodson and blamed our customers (the way he blames fans), I'd expect to be put out of business within 24 hours. You don't attack those that feed you. You can handle criticism by either:

1) listening and realizing you could be better and adapt

2 ) getting defensive and assigning blame elsewhere

Woodson chooses #2 every single opportunity he gets including tonight during his speech.

Woodson is a punk and Anthony Leal is right behind him. I fully appreciate the players defending their coach (everyone who ever played for him, including Carmelo Anthony, loves Woody) but what has he actually won as a coach? NOTHING. To come after the fans - the man is destroying his legacy. He's now put himself in a position where it's win or **** off and blame someone else for sucking at your job. What a loser. This is why Woody will, IMO, never succeed in a massive way as a coach. 

You lost me when you called out Leal.

The guy sat on the bench for 3+ years and did nothing but support his teammates. He finally has gotten his chance to play and he has done a serviceable job. In fact I believe he was integral in winning a game. 

As a business owner who makes sure that 40 families are able to survive, try to put in perspective that those 40 people would maybe lay on a grenade for you just like Leal has done for his coach. 

5 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

I am with you my friend. It is not a good feeling to be dead in the water from a tournament standpoint despite winning four in a row. Only hoping cooler heads prevail and folks can find a way to take some joy from our boys maybe ripping off a few more wins before the 6 month dark times rather than just being angry with our lot. Taking solace that if we had scheduled more trash games (or won the ones we had) and won them by 20 each we would be sitting pretty like MSU with the same record and resume.

I don't consider where MSU is at as sitting pretty either although that would have met my extremely low expectations going into this year.  I just wanted them to make the tournament and then hopefully see something to build on going into the spring.  He failed to deliver on both.  I am expecting more of the same next year.

New development being that this is really my only experience with Woodson and while I was supportive and hopeful he would be a bridge for us after he got hired, now I kind of hate the guy.  Going to be really hard next year because I want to be able to enjoy Indiana basketball again on one hand but I'd really like to see that arrogant prick fail hard on the other.