Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

12 hours ago, Demo said:

Gotta confess, when his name suddenly blew up the first thing that struck me was, why not Duke? That certainly seems like a fit and if you could keep Leonard you can win immediately, which is not nothin’ for a 63 year old. But if he wants to be the guy to take on the least successful program in D-1 history, the dude’s got a pair.  

He does have a pair but since Mallory all 6 of our coaches have only lasted 2-7 seasons.

Cig will either be a hero for getting a dormant P5 program going, and making a lot of cash, or he will fail after 7 years or so, and make a lot of cash, and be 70 years old so he won’t be concerned about his future  career path.

At his age it’s really a no lose proposition for him.

I can hear him  telling his wife “honey I was getting ready to retire in a couple of years but IU wants to give me 20-25 million over the next 5 years or so”.  Mrs Cig (Virginia Slim?) would probably say hell yea!

I really liked that clip of him with Pat McAfee and crew. I think it’d be cool if once he is indeed named coach, he was able to make his way back to talking with Pat about getting the job. I’d be curious to see how Pat reacts knowing he’s obviously an Indy guy. I bet he’d be pretty pumped. Also wanna see what that Michigan State guy on the show thinks who said he wanted him to be new coach there, which obviously didn’t happen haha

I'll believe it and start to get excited if/when he's announced. Until then I fully expect IUFB to IUFB it up. I couldn't blame him for wanting to coach his the JMU bowl game. 

Not sure what to make of player's following him. Most of the ones listed in this thread are in the portal but Jackson isn't (that I know of). I generally don't put much stock in social media but I wouldn't think it smart to tell the players unless something was absolutely done. 

Watched 2 full games of JMU. @Virginia and @Marshall. There were some good and some bad. Some very similar styles and problems we've seen in Allen's tenure. They do things way better than anything Allen's teams ever did though as well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I'll elaborate a bit.

Offense:
Good run blocking
Unpredictable play calling
Can see the play calling looking better with better talent
Not afraid to take deep shots
Aggressive after turnovers
Exclusively read option run game
At times utilized a H-back
Poor pass pro
Rarely run outside the tackles
A lot of bubble screens

Defense:
4-3 cover 2 seemed to be base
Good run D
Good pass rush and mostly only rushing 4
Good tackling
Awful pass D
Gave up tons of wide open looks and often got beat
Give up huge chunk plays
If the rush doesn't get to QB their secondary got torched

Special teams:
Very good and aggressive punt rush
Kicking game both P and K seemed solid
Kick Return coverage not good (had 2 returned on them)

Coaching:
Not aggressive on 4th down
Except when down 10 with 8 min to go in 3rd on 4th and 2 at their own 23 he went for it. Didn't get it. Probably the biggest eyebrow raiser for me.
Like I said play calling seemed pretty good overall and they were balanced. Didn't have any real problems with time management. Not a lot of penalties outside of some holds in Virginia game in the 1st half.

Sorry I know that's a lot to even consider reading and not very professional

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:
1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:
so is Scott Dolson forgiven if Cigs is announced?  Phew we've come a long way 

Not forgiven... but it would definitely be a step in that direction.

what are we upset with him about? 

1 hour ago, IUrocker said:

I really liked that clip of him with Pat McAfee and crew. I think it’d be cool if once he is indeed named coach, he was able to make his way back to talking with Pat about getting the job. I’d be curious to see how Pat reacts knowing he’s obviously an Indy guy. I bet he’d be pretty pumped. Also wanna see what that Michigan State guy on the show thinks who said he wanted him to be new coach there, which obviously didn’t happen haha

Thank you for mentioning this interview. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

what are we upset with him about? 

Bad decisions. Though he still has a massive one coming up. Does he stupidly continue with Adidas or do we finally move to Nike? That's a decision that is as big as any coaching decision. Unless that decision has already been made.