Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

22 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

JMU has a very good and successful tradition albeit in the FCS

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Thanks, <Shaq “I wasn’t familiar with your game” meme> @ JMU

Come on Scott let’s wrap this up tonight. I’ve got about another 90 minutes before I need to go to bed. Ready to celebrate. Hoo Hoo Hoosiers
Been thinking the same thing. I'm at work all night and could use some reading/watching material.

Any chance Coach Cigs would elect to coach in the bowl game? If so that kinda would suck for us. Personally I hope he opts out. We could really use him on the recruiting trails and portal as soon as he potentially gets hired. Most bowl projections have them having the bowl game around the 22-23 of December 

So … tried to follow this on here and Twitter throughout the day, how did this go from Rabby says this is the list and in this order to a whole new name an hour later who is now the leader? 

Does this once and for all show his connections are not what they used to be or am I missing an explanation?  

Yeah I was confused too but it was reported by both Weaver and Osterman so he's a legit candidate. And in Osterman's words "a name that's gained strong traction".

3 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

So … tried to follow this on here and Twitter throughout the day, how did this go from Rabby says this is the list and in this order to a whole new name an hour later who is now the leader? 

Does this once and for all show his connections are not what they used to be or am I missing an explanation?  

Good possibility he isn’t as connected. If you see him trying to offer first one month free to Peegs and his newly created Only Fans account as a Christmas special this year you might have your answer.

I checked out one of the fan forums of JMU to see what they were saying over there. They don’t wanna see him go and wish him well, but most think if he comes it’s just a money grab because they don’t see IU as a program who’s gonna be able to win big in conference. They say he’d probably have a better chance at winning big at Duke than Indiana..

IMG_3489.jpeg

2 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I checked out one of the fan forums of JMU to see what they were saying over there. They don’t wanna see him go and wish him well, but most think if he comes it’s just a money grab because they don’t see IU as a program who’s gonna be able to win big in conference. They say he’d probably have a better chance at winning big at Duke than Indiana..

Well they are 100% correct, except about the money grab—and that’s only part of it but certainly a factor.

19 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

Any chance Coach Cigs would elect to coach in the bowl game? If so that kinda would suck for us. Personally I hope he opts out. We could really use him on the recruiting trails and portal as soon as he potentially gets hired. Most bowl projections have them having the bowl game around the 22-23 of December 

I don’t think they are bowl eligible.  I think there is a two year probation period when you move up a level.  That was the big dust up from the Pat McCafrey video.  

I did not really dig into the guys on the “lists” as that can be exhausting as they move up and down the hot lists.  

But I thought we could do well with a guy who was older as his success may not lead to poaching as a younger guys would. I also thought we might benefit from having a guy who had a lot of success at a lower level. I think that shows an ability to coach better vs just winning with talent. Cigs brings that and yet also shows he can recruit a bigger program. 

he seems like the perfect candidate for IU

Just now, Golfman25 said:

I don’t think they are bowl eligible.  I think there is a two year probation period when you move up a level.  That was the big dust up from the Pat McCafrey video.  

The NCAA let them cuz there weren't enough bowl eligible teams

https://sports.yahoo.com/jacksonville-state-and-james-madison-officially-qualify-for-bowl-spots-160929701.html

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Due to not many 6+ wins team, they are eligible now because of it

Well in that case I hope he does coach the bowl game if they let him. He can still recruit and the bowl game will be a chance for more publicity as the game announcers will probably repeat it 100 times. It is also a chance for him to tell a recruit to watch that game to get an idea how his team will play