Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

40 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I checked out one of the fan forums of JMU to see what they were saying over there. They don’t wanna see him go and wish him well, but most think if he comes it’s just a money grab because they don’t see IU as a program who’s gonna be able to win big in conference. They say he’d probably have a better chance at winning big at Duke than Indiana..

IMG_3489.jpeg

Gotta confess, when his name suddenly blew up the first thing that struck me was, why not Duke? That certainly seems like a fit and if you could keep Leonard you can win immediately, which is not nothin’ for a 63 year old. But if he wants to be the guy to take on the least successful program in D-1 history, the dude’s got a pair.  

49 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I checked out one of the fan forums of JMU to see what they were saying over there. They don’t wanna see him go and wish him well, but most think if he comes it’s just a money grab because they don’t see IU as a program who’s gonna be able to win big in conference. They say he’d probably have a better chance at winning big at Duke than Indiana..

IMG_3489.jpeg

That format looks like it was made on a copy of Netzero from K-Mart

14 minutes ago, Demo said:

Gotta confess, when his name suddenly blew up the first thing that struck me was, why not Duke? That certainly seems like a fit and if you could keep Leonard you can win immediately, which is not nothin’ for a 63 year old. But if he wants to be the guy to take on the least successful program in D-1 history, the dude’s got a pair.  

That second comment would have me worried until he is here.  JM stepping up and offering more money. Hopefully SD gets his first choice this time 

51 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Not sure who this guy posting this isb1db10c10864c620db1b7aca01626252.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

It doesn’t matter because there’s a zero percent chance he’d be able to stay until the bowl game. To much recruiting and other things would need to take place at IU. 

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

It doesn’t matter because there’s a zero percent chance he’d be able to stay until the bowl game. To much recruiting and other things would need to take place at IU. 

The guy posting that said Mackenzie would face a suspension from Woody and his sources said we would be happy the next day when Boogie committed. More worried that he is saying this tbh as he is wrong more than right 

33 minutes ago, Demo said:

Gotta confess, when his name suddenly blew up the first thing that struck me was, why not Duke? 

I can take this one......because the ACC has really come out on the short end in conference expansion and I would say their future is on shaky ground.  The Big Ten grabbed UCLA, USC, Oregon, and Washington.  The ACC grabbed.....Stanford, Cal, and SMU.  And North Carolina, Clemson and Florida State both voted against accepting those teams because they didn't agree with the monetary distribution.  Clemson and Florida State are the conferences two big money makers  in football, which is where the bulk of sports revenue tends to come from.  I don't think either Clemson or Florida State will stay in the ACC all that much longer and will eventually be part of the SEC.  At that point it becomes much less lucrative to be in the ACC.

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I can take this one......because the ACC has really come out on the short end in conference expansion and I would say their future is on shaky ground.  The Big Ten grabbed UCLA, USC, Oregon, and Washington.  The ACC grabbed.....Stanford, Cal, and SMU.  And North Carolina, Clemson and Florida State both voted against accepting those teams because they didn't agree with the monetary distribution.  Clemson and Florida State are the conferences two big money makers  in football, which is where the bulk of sports revenue tends to come from.  I don't think either Clemson or Florida State will stay in the ACC all that much longer and will eventually be part of the SEC.  At that point it becomes much less lucrative to be in the ACC.

Pretty much this, as much as we hate on IU football. they’re a member of the B10/SEC which are the two power conferences at this point, and partly why I think Indiana realizes they need to take football more seriously, because that’s what drives everything 

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Pretty much this, as much as we hate on IU football. they’re a member of the B10/SEC which are the two power conferences at this point, and partly why I think Indiana realizes they need to take football more seriously, because that’s what drives everything 

Yep....Pac 12 done as we know it.  Big 12:  Arizona, Arizona State, Baylor, BYU, Cincinnati, UCF, Colorado, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech, Utah, and West Virginia.  In terms of football cash cows, they are lacking.