Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

My rant is… Didn't Calbert Cheaney say this team was potentially better then last year’s team… I’m just kidding on the rant but seriously I think he said that.

Yes he did.

On paper, if you squint your eyes, you can see it.

One of my biggest complaints with this staff is identifying talent that will work on the court.

Reneau is a dog. The rest of the roster they’ve assembled is flawed.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yes he did.

One of my biggest complaints with this staff is identifying talent that will work on the court.

Only 4 guys I would keep next year

Mgbako

Galloway

Reneau

Cupps…

Ware is gone… The rest of the team be gone.

If he misses the tournament, I could see him retiring early.
He's too old for this. He doesn't want the ire of thousands of IU fans calling for his head if he doesn't turn it around.
He seems like a good dude, I wanted it to work out even though I was never on board and skeptical from the beginning.
You mean he'll have self awareness? Like how his sub patterns haven't worked? How we suck at both of his top 2 priorities (defense and rebounding)? How we suck at all things shooting? He has no self awareness and is stubborn as hell. No chance he's walking away on his own.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

think most of us are at the stage of acceptance where we know that we're not really going anywhere with Coach Woodson and hope the rest of our fanbase doesn't linger too long so that we can move on. You can get all the recruits in the world but if they can't develop and the coach is too stubborn to change his patterns then we gotta make a change.  We know what this is. It's a different coach but we have the same problems.  I wish we could fire the IU administration (not all coaches obviously ) top to bottom.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yes he did.

Likely overthinking it, but with how Woodson has added late each class, there's not a lot of cohesion it feels. With this incoming class, it feels like Woodson, or whoever is coaching next season, will have to scramble to assemble a complete roster.

Ware is the shot blocking and offensive replacement for TJD. Mbako provides some of that shooting, but watching those two with Malik together defensively requires a lot of squinting for it to look any good. Then you add the guard issues and lack of bench options and this team has some serious issues. Tonight should have been winnable. IU should have been able to take advantage inside with Reneau and Ware to scrape a win

Only 4 guys I would keep next year
Mgbako
Galloway
Reneau
Cupps…
Ware is gone… The rest of the team be gone.
I'll cut that in half. Reneau and Cupps

5 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

A) really good medium to draw from (full on sarcasm)
Not a smiling sun) or b) they should be.

How's that for making no sense?

Those are Hoosier fans you’re talking about sir! 

If the idea of Woody is to be a bridge guy, can we reasonably say "Mission accomplished" in the sense that he helped heal the wounds between the IU of old and the new IU and has shown you can recruit here at a high level? Coz if the idea is for our bridge guy to build a foundation of a program for "the guy" to take to the next level... we need a bridge guy, and soon, before the fanbase (read: $$) dies out / walks away. Have a sit down with Woody after the year and figure out how both sides can save face then do what's best for them. Honestly, he made such a fuss about IU being his dream job at one point... make Bruce Pearl say no. Two years younger than Woody and we know he will leave the team in good shape for the next guy/win along the way consistently. 

More ranting (thanks to all for this thread) but B1G offiating really?  How does a guy get hit in the head, the foul gets reviewed and the guy getting hit gets tossed?  X may have made a dirty play (debatable) but he clearly got cheap shotted himself.  If two players fight then they both should be tossed.  I guess it’s ok to tee off on an opposing player if you are “justified”

Those are Hoosier fans you’re talking about sir! 
Twitter and FB are the largest of bowls of garbage you can find. However, they are correct this one time.

I was trying, seriously and objectively, to identify something that this team is consistently good at.

It’s not shooting, or rebounding, or free throws, or taking care of the ball, or defense.

So, what is it (if anything)?

These guys are talented enough to be good at something… so what’s the problem?

10 minutes ago, tkbbn said:

We have a lot of experience on the sidelines with our coaching staff, surely someone sees the flaws that we all see. I guess it's more of a question but is CMW so stubborn and set in his ways that he won't listen to any of these guys?  

Even bad coaches can see it, usually. It’s just harder to fix it.  

I can barely take out rebounding. I’m a glutton for punishment so I’ll probably watch. But it is painful. 

Cupps isn’t a B1G caliber talent. Mostly due to his size. I’ve said this for 2 years. He does obviously have fundamentals. But man is he outmatched.

I'm thinking of a Jr/Sr Cupps. Current one? Yeah I'll cut in 1/4.

2 minutes ago, Bankshot said:

I was trying, seriously and objectively, to identify something that this team is consistently good at.

It’s not shooting, or rebounding, or free throws, or taking care of the ball, or defense.

So, what is it (if anything)?

These guys are talented enough to be good at something… so what’s the problem?

They’re consistently good at doing just enough to make the pitchfork fans look slightly overeager. They’ll have stinkers like Nebraska and tonight but then they’ll have games like OSU  to quell the grumbling. Personally I don’t really watch the games anymore. Even when we win it’s usually ugly. Woody coaches a system straight out of 2003. It’s brutal to watch. At least Crean’s teams were fun. 

This isnt even specific to Woodson since it has been happening for years but I am just so tired of watching this team show up to games and look soft. We get punked all the time and it is embarrassing. As a 26 year old I have nothing to be proud of as far as being an IU fan goes it is honestly something I should probably be ashamed of.

They’re consistently good at doing just enough to make the pitchfork fans look slightly overeager. They’ll have stinkers like Nebraska and tonight but then they’ll have games like OSU  to quell the grumbling. Personally I don’t really watch the games anymore. Even when we win it’s usually ugly. Woody coaches a system straight out of 2003. It’s brutal to watch. At least Crean’s teams were fun. 
The only good news for me is I don't have peacock, and I did not have to witness it. I thought I first read it wrong when it said 4-15 from the line. People got excited over the home win but that's why iu does then stinks it up again. Rinse and repeat.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk