Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

2 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

At one time he said IU was his dream job.

I really think he would jump to Bloomington. He's put in more than enough time at Auburn. He's had relative success everywhere he's gone and he's familiar with the region. But he's never been at a basketball school and I think he would revel in that. 

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

“How to lose a fanbase in one night” written by Your Indiana Hoosiers

In fairness, this board will be a relative ghost town if we thump Ohio State Saturday night.

(well aware of what the word if means, you'ns can save it!)

18 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

What we need is a recruiter. I can't remember the last time we signed a class I legitimately felt excited about. It seems like we're always getting one 5 star and some role players who may or may not be ready as freshmen. I want a class with 4-5 top 100 guys that really feels like we're building something. This staff spends a lot of time on players they don't get. 

10 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

I feel like we get a lot of White Castle All-Americans. 

If we eat enough White Castle we can land another Movement.

2 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I really think he would jump to Bloomington. He's put in more than enough time at Auburn. He's had relative success everywhere he's gone and he's familiar with the region. But he's never been at a basketball school and I think he would revel in that. 

I don't know, the same article where it said IU was his dream job at one time also had quotes from him that made it sound like he's moved on.

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I predict two McDonalds All-Americans for next year

Retain Mackenzie and Malik. Add McNeeley, Queen, and Daquan Davis. I could see us having anywhere from 3-5 leavers (Ware, Gunn, Banks, Leal, Newton). Let's say Ware, Gunn, Banks and Leal leave. Assuming the above that we add Queen and Davis, that's 8 scholarship players, leaving 5 open. That is a lot of ground to cover while ensuring quality (seemingly not this staff's strong suit). IMO you need to add 2-3 more guards ideally from the portal and at least one rim protector. Maybe a guard/wing who can shoot (crazy idea I know) 

9 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

What we need is a recruiter. I can't remember the last time we signed a class I legitimately felt excited about. It seems like we're always getting one 5 star and some role players who may or may not be ready as freshmen. I want a class with 4-5 top 100 guys that really feels like we're building something. This staff spends a lot of time on players they don't get. 

It definitely feels like the talent evaluation/development aspect of things are what this staff is so sorely lacking. Relying on Gunn and Banks to be net positives this year is a huge indictment of the staff. I know they tried to land better players but didn't... That's understandable but this is a results business and if you've got a top NIL program/the resources of Indiana, you've got to deliver. You can have a recruiting strategy focused on a handful of top guys....... but you better land em most of the time and be working on plan B/C/D. 

IMO the fundamental issue is that we're relying on Woody as a "bridge" guy but to actually BUILD the bridge, you need to be spot on with your roster management. Some level of continuity/balance over the years so you can improve. Yes putting guys in the NBA is good for the program but its worse for the program when they are quickly written off as a bust when they could've been helping us win for 1-3 more years. Woody's coaching philosophies/schemes are obviously old-school NBA influenced and thus rely on having more talented guys. 

Having a "bridge" guy is fine and well, as long as they're actually going to build it in a way that it's driving-ready for the next guy. Woody has delivered two fine-to-good seasons (depending how you see things) but his plan to build a bridge has been totally undermined by his roster management, which is made worse by the staff's inability to adapt their approaches. It's kind of ironic/crazy to me that a staff of NBA-oriented guys have apparently been so blatantly wrong in their assessment of the current roster over the offseason. If they were to turn the keys over now, the cupboard would be pretty bare. That speaks to their recruiting strategy/talent assessment/dev results. 

Right now we've got the support beams in place for the road but they're shaky we're missing some equipment. Hope is not lost but things are looking down. Good thing is, next game is only a few more days away. 

OK enough bridge analogies, back to work I guess lol

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I don't know, the same article where it said IU was his dream job at one time also had quotes from him that made it sound like he's moved on.

Can't let the girl he's dating now know she's not the love of his life. Lol

2 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Well, it's no easier for us old guys...  I graduated in 1977... but that doesn't change the view at this point. Having seen "the glory days" make what we've been spoon-fed since the late '90s an embarrassing and disgusting product. Sure, we get a team here or a run there, but over all, Indiana basketball has died a slow, painful death over the past 25 years... and the future is darker than ever unless something changes in a big way.

But you at least got to see something. A lot really.

14 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

I have two rants as of right now.  

1st- That IU players receive NIL money after last night's game...they should return it.

2nd- Seeing this advertisement all time on the right side makes me want to PUKE!

image.thumb.png.02a13280a8712847a8a56c833e1b4d03.png

My ad's on the right and left are golf clubs from Golfdiscount.com. I always thought they were target driven based on cookies/search history creepiness. 

Anyone in your family suffering from Plaque Psorasis? If not, the google machine must think you are haha. 

3 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Fans for UK, Duke, Kansas, etc would be just as vocal as we have been. Those programs never would've looked at Woodsin but that's beside the point.

They didn't have to.  And that's kind of the point.  We aren't what we think we are.  

6 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

My ad's on the right and left are golf clubs from Golfdiscount.com. I always thought they were target driven based on cookies/search history creepiness. 

Anyone in your family suffering from Plaque Psorasis? If not, the google machine must think you are haha. 

No one with Plague Psorasis and no searches for itching skin.  So I click on it to see why I'm I seeing this ad and below is what it said.  So now I need to figure out how to turn on ad personalization.

image.thumb.png.cf2b70b906359df2ce6e3804edb026c8.png

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

If Brad Stevens won't take the job for 10 million a year for 7 years, then that should tell you something. 

Yeah, it's so bad he doesn't even coach anymore.  

I think it’d behoove all of us to stop looking at the past and just focus on today and what tomorrow can bring. 

I’m sure NO ONE is happy with where we are today. Is there a chance tomorrow will be better? Yes. Is it likely that it won’t improve…unfortunately yes.