Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

17 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I follow IU basketball and football, the Pacers, the Dolphins, and the Padres (I know, weird combination).  Been 37 years since I've rooted for a team that won a title.

Anyone have a longer drought?

For me 

IU basketball 1987

IU football never

Pacers none since the ABA

Reds 1990 

Colts 2007

17 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I follow IU basketball and football, the Pacers, the Dolphins, and the Padres (I know, weird combination).  Been 37 years since I've rooted for a team that won a title.

Anyone have a longer drought?

Funny, the team that had probably the most famous drought in sports history is my most recent champion. (Grew up near Chicago, so that’s where my pro loyalties lie):

MLB: Cubs (2016)

NFL: Bears (1985)

NBA: Bulls (1998)

NHL: Blackhawks (2015)

College hoops: IU (1987)

College football: IU (You’re joking, right?)

18 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Why was Thad not healthy enough to coach at iu but looks pretty healthy on the sideline at butler?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

He was. He just knew how detrimental coaching at Indiana would be on his health, and how quickly. 

On 1/5/2024 at 9:51 AM, LamarCheeks said:

Not a 2023-24 IU basketball rant, because there’s enough of that in other threads. 

Few things that drive me nuts (could be that I have a touch of OCDC — lol) … Could also be that I spent years as an editor, making certain things were styled and spelled correctly … 

When people write “Big 10.” It’s “Big Ten.”

When people refer to our legendary PG as Isaiah Thomas. It’s Isiah Thomas.

When people refer to the former Big Ten MVP as Randy Whittman. It’s Randy Wittman.

When people refer to one of the starting forwards on the best college basketball team of all time as Tom Abernathy. It’s Tom Abernethy.

OK — that’s all (for now!)

I’m just going to apologize to you now then, because I’m a horrible speller! That’s doubly true of names.  

I gave up even trying once Microsoft word started putting those little red lines for misspelled words and fixing it for you. I’m one for whom autocorrect has probably saved much more embarrassment than it’s caused!

On 1/5/2024 at 10:51 AM, LamarCheeks said:

Not a 2023-24 IU basketball rant, because there’s enough of that in other threads. 

Few things that drive me nuts (could be that I have a touch of OCDC — lol) … Could also be that I spent years as an editor, making certain things were styled and spelled correctly … 

When people refer to the former Big Ten MVP as Randy Whittman. It’s Randy Wittman.

When people refer to one of the starting forwards on the best college basketball team of all time as Tom Abernathy. It’s Tom Abernethy.

What about when people mistakenly spell it “Rutgers” instead of the correct “Ruters.”

On 1/5/2024 at 10:51 AM, LamarCheeks said:

I can see where some are sloppy with proper nouns and they should be spelled correctly.  Especially in a published final document.  But this is a fan site.  Sloppiness and imprecision is/are/was/were/ain't expected and generally accepted by me at least. Heck, I'm a professional engineer...I'm perfect all of the time.  

Methinks that some need to have a better gription on thingys that others are trying to get across.  Not so much about pronuncipications and alphabetmetronics...and speling.    

Right, L C or Elsie...?

Firing this bad boy up early.  I hate this roster, this style of play, the basketball IQ, the Hustle, the energy and almost everything about it.  Except for Reneau and he’s not playing worth a hoot. 

We are just doomed. 
I knew battle would smoke us from three. Sadly predictably.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Firing this bad boy up early.  I hate this roster, this style of play, the basketball IQ, the Hustle, the energy and almost everything about it.  Except for Reneau and he’s not playing worth a hoot. 

We are just doomed. 

Kinda pissed I spent the $$$ I did on tickets to see them play @ Rutgers that I did. But I guess it'll be worth it to have some bonding time with my father if nothing else. Hopefully the old ball coach doesn't start chirping our staff lol.

4 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Kinda pissed I spent the $$$ I did on tickets to see them play @ Rutgers that I did. But I guess it'll be worth it to have some bonding time with my father if nothing else. Hopefully the old ball coach doesn't start chirping our staff lol.

Same for me. Got really nice tickets next week for Minnesota. Wish I would have waited a few more days. Oh well. Expensive Father/son bonding  

17 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We are just doomed. 

Reneau came alive. Not surprised.  Love that dude. The rest holds so true.  

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

Watching Michigan win the title last night should remind us that a great program is only a great coach away. I think IU basketball has more built in advantage than Michigan football. If they can return to the winner’s circle after 25+ years, so can we. 

Agree, but would add that it's also a lesson in patience. Harbaugh didn't come in and immediately start beating OSU, win Big Ten Titles and go to the playoffs. 

It took him time, and it wasn't too long ago that some had Harbaugh in the hot seat.