Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

As far as hiring the next coach , I think we would be better off focusing on method rather than names.

By “method” I mean focus on hiring a coach who is “proven”.

”Proven” does NOT have to mean a coach who has already won a championship or even been to a final four.

”Proven” can mean established success in recruiting, developing players, winning record, winning their conference, consistent solid play, etc. Someone who has a solid philosophy of smart, winning basketball.

That method is how we got Bob Knight, for example. It’s how Butler got Brad Stevens… it’s how Alabama got Saban.

Too many times Indiana has hired the unproven…Mike Davis, Mike Woodson, Tom Allen, etc.

1 minute ago, IU_FanClub said:

I will say, no clue why we gave Woody a raise in the offseason

That's what makes me think there's basically no way anything happens on this front until after the 2024-2025 season

That's what makes me think there's basically no way anything happens on this front until after the 2024-2025 season
Man it could be really ugly by then. Archie's 5th year would have been beyond toxic if they had let him come back.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Correct. For some dumb reason I thought maybe he would maybe coach modern nba bbal. Otherwise the hire made zero sense. I'd love to hear dolsons reasoning but we never will.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

He has said this is the first time he played this style mainly because TJD was his best player.  However he hasn’t really adjusted knowing TJD would be leaving.  

We have a lot of experience on the sidelines with our coaching staff, surely someone sees the flaws that we all see. I guess it's more of a question but is CMW so stubborn and set in his ways that he won't listen to any of these guys?  

He’s as stubborn as RMK, but nowhere close to the coach RMK was.

Likely overthinking it, but with how Woodson has added late each class, there's not a lot of cohesion it feels. With this incoming class, it feels like Woodson, or whoever is coaching next season, will have to scramble to assemble a complete roster.
Ware is the shot blocking and offensive replacement for TJD. Mbako provides some of that shooting, but watching those two with Malik together defensively requires a lot of squinting for it to look any good. Then you add the guard issues and lack of bench options and this team has some serious issues. Tonight should have been winnable. IU should have been able to take advantage inside with Reneau and Ware to scrape a win

Woody didn’t assemble a complete roster this year. Open scholly and a major problem in the viable guard position. He doesn’t seem to be bothered by it though.

Things like giving up too many offensive boards are a recurring problem and not just this year. At this point they're systemic, is the staff too stubborn to fix it or not capable of fixing it?

There's probably a reason he hadn't been a HC in nearly 10 years and wasn't particularly good when he was a HC.

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Things like giving up too many offensive boards are a recurring problem and not just this year. At this point they're systemic, is the staff too stubborn to fix it or not capable of fixing it?

There's probably a reason he hadn't been a HC in nearly 10 years and wasn't particularly good when he was a HC.

I'm honestly curious what these guys do in practice. We don't have elite talent, but we have enough talent to not be so bad at so many things. 

Well I'm still angry this morning.  Angry that I had to be up at 4:30, angry that IU basketball sucks, angry that Mike Woodson sucks.

But I also have a smile on my face seeing people rally around that fact instead of being a fractured fanbase.  We are one in our opinion again.  This program is lucky to have us fans.

I also believe if we all feel this, then the donors do too.  This is how change begins.

See ya Woody

8 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

How about Fred Hoiberg. I know his record since Iowa state ain’t the greatest, but he just beat Purdue with a bunch of kids who worked at McDonalds and a Japanese shooter.  Smacked us too.  

If a change is made, very unlikely after this season but almost guaranteed after year 4, it will almost certainly be Dusty May unless by some extremely remote chance he who shall not be named makes it known through the back channels that he finally wants the job.