Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I would legitimately like to know how much coaching CMW actually does. Didn't we find out last year that the assistant coaches take turns doing the scouting and developing the game plan? If that is the case, do the assistant coaches also determine the substitution patterns or does CMW make all of the in-game decisions. I think it would be interesting to know what the actual division of labor looks like.

2 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I would legitimately like to know how much coaching CMW actually does. Didn't we find out last year that the assistant coaches take turns doing the scouting and developing the game plan? If that is the case, do the assistant coaches also determine the substitution patterns or does CMW make all of the in-game decisions. I think it would be interesting to know what the actual division of labor looks like.

Substitutions are Woody's call... this is from the Doyle article:

Mike Woodson doesn’t understand that some of his NBA tricks, well, they don’t work in college.

The way he uses his “second unit,” for example. That’s what he calls his reserve — “my second unit” — and he generally plays four of them with one starter. That’s how it goes in the NBA, but here’s the thing: Everybody on an NBA team is really good. Almost all of them can make a shot, handle the ball, hit a free throw.

Listen, at a basketball school like IU, you’d like to think everyone on that team would be really good too, that almost all of them can make a shot, handle the ball, hit a free throw. Roughly 2½ years into his tenure, Woodson has a roster that cannot do that. Check out social media when the Hoosiers play, and this happens every game, win or lose. The second-unit lineups look wonky out there, a place where points go to die, and IU fans are freaking out and wondering why Woodson coaches like he’s still in the NBA.

And then on Tuesday night, asked a catty question on that topic, Woodson raised his back and clawed back.

“I’m not going sit here and answer that question when it comes to the fans — or you,” Woodson said. “I’ll (continue) to go to my bench, which I’ve done this season and I’ve gotten some good results, here and there.”

The fact that Woodson won't answer a reporter's question about substitution patterns and say that he's going to continue going to mass substitutions says that part isn't going to get fixed.  

You can't continually have stretches where NEITHER Reneau or Ware are on the floor.  Reneau is getting 29 minutes, Ware 31 but there seems to be a 5 minute segment every game where neither are on the floor.

When the Hoosiers hit 25% of their free throws, it's not a joke.

But in Xavier's defense, he at least was grabbing the balls.

I'm going to cancel my subscription to all these issues.                      /s

When I was young, I went to a boarding school.  All I learned was how to get on an airplane.

To make a long story short, I became an editor.

Got my Covid 19 booster shot yesterday.  Did you know that ants never get sick?  They have little anty bodies.

A penguin walked into a bar.  Bartender asks if there's something he needs.  Penguin says: "I'm looking for my brother."  Bartender asks: "What's he look like?"

Hey, don't complain.  It's free.  

If you complain, then I will post more.  But, they're not as funny.  

18 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

That happens at every college with the assistants do the game plans.

I have tried hard time stay positive but last night was probably the last straw. This team is an embarrassment and this team plays with passion is enthusiasm.

Bad subbing

To many turnovers

Can't rebound

Rinse and repeat

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Our staff is bad. We don't have coaches behind Woody. Not a one. We have some dumb advisor Woody likes that sit by him. Then we have 3 top assistants who couldn't coach basketball to save their lives. If we had a legitimate basketball mind anywhere on the bench, we'd be in better shape. If we could replace Woody's "advisor" right hand man, with anyone with a basketball IQ above 0, we'd be better.

So no .. this staff isn't capable of fixing it's problems. Yes men. All they are.

Hate to bring it up, and not sure the kid is any messiah, but this may go back to the Dane Fife issues.  

12 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

From my perspective this operation is being ran like someone enjoying retirement while collecting a huge check.

I think it's less retirement and more living the lifestyle of when he was in the NBA. 

Not saying it's right or conducive to winning in college, but I think it's yet another NBA "habit" that isn't going to change with him.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I think it's less retirement and more living the lifestyle of when he was in the NBA. 

Not saying it's right or conducive to winning in college, but I think it's yet another NBA "habit" that isn't going to change with him.

And a job he wasn't even good at.

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I like Dusty as a person and coach but he still has to prove it some more. Archie fooled me by winning at Dayton and having a good tournament run. As the Who say We won't get fooled again. Dusty has some really bad losses this season and needs to right the ship. He's in my top 5 though

Who we get is tough... But good Lord can we get someone that can coach an offense? Archie and Woody are basically the same person. And we hated Archie-ball

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Who we get is tough... But good Lord can we get someone that can coach an offense? Archie and Woody are basically the same person. And we hated Archie-ball

Sky might be falling but I agree with you, I want a fun modern offense with lots of shooters