Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Northern Illinois - 11/12/21 @ 7:00 on BTN+

Anybody know how to set up an internet recorder for radio (like a cloud DVR but for radio)?

You Tube TV streaming is delayed so much that the radio broadcast actually happens before the stream starts. No way for me to sync it to the radio.

(I know it won't appy to this game, but just wondering for future broadcasts)

Ok despite what I said previously and against my better judgment I am considering paying to see this game. Anybody know if I subscribe for the per month/IU only subscription can I cancel after just the one month without charges?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Ok despite what I said previously and against my better judgment I am considering paying to see this game. Anybody know if I subscribe for the per month/IU only subscription can I cancel after just the one month without charges?

Yes.  You can just subscribe for one month then cancel. 

1 hour ago, rcs29 said:

But it will auto-charge you forever more unless you re-log-in and cancel.

1 hour ago, rcs29 said:

I usually sign up today, cancel it Monday but you still get the month. I hate setting reminders to cancel in 30 days. 

Unlikely to happen tonight, but TJD needs 30 points to reach the elite 1,000 career points mark and become the 54th IU player to do so.  Full list contained in the link below.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/indiana-basketball-list-of-1000-point-scorers-in-school-history-trayce-jackson-davis?fbclid=IwAR15Qweozr7GV-LUJS4xGm7l-PReL2_VhBEUoGUyvvUNiARuxfxYTMsZMxk

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Unlikely to happen tonight, but TJD needs 30 points to reach the elite 1,000 career points mark and become the 54th IU player to do so.  Full list contained in the link below.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/indiana-basketball-list-of-1000-point-scorers-in-school-history-trayce-jackson-davis?fbclid=IwAR15Qweozr7GV-LUJS4xGm7l-PReL2_VhBEUoGUyvvUNiARuxfxYTMsZMxk

This is amazing: 

33. Tom Van Arsdale (1962-65) ............... 1,252

34.Dick Van Arsdale (1962-65) ................ 1,240

3 hours ago, rcs29 said:

This is BTN's annual "IU Payday" where a large number of subscriptions come in.  This game on BTN+ was no accident.

13 hours ago, DWB said:

Anybody know how to set up an internet recorder for radio (like a cloud DVR but for radio)?

You Tube TV streaming is delayed so much that the radio broadcast actually happens before the stream starts. No way for me to sync it to the radio.

(I know it won't appy to this game, but just wondering for future broadcasts)

The very dumbed-down version of this is if you download the Varsity Network app, I'm pretty sure you can pause the live radio broadcast until the YouTube feed catches up, then play the pause/un-pause game for 5 minutes until you get it synced just right!

4 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Also for the month of November, that will give you access to IU's (home) NCAA Tournament Soccer games and several Women's Basketball games. 

I know many hate BTN+ but I don't mind it. As someone who watches most of IU's 24 sports, it is worth the $10 a month from Sep to May to watch everything.  

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

But it will auto-charge you forever more unless you re-log-in and cancel.

Auto cancelling is super simple and I do it every June, July and August when IU sports are not played.