Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

I love Woody but these press releases that I see aren't even trying to make it seem like he wrote them. I assume (and that every program does this) that the PR dept writes something up, gives it to Woody for his blessing and then sends it out? That how it works?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I love Woody but these press releases that I see aren't even trying to make it seem like he wrote them. I assume (and that every program does this) that the PR dept writes something up, gives it to Woody for his blessing and then sends it out? That how it works?

Yup. 

56 minutes ago, DWB said:

▲ ▲ ▲

Not only have I never seen an IU team do this before to any coach, I can't remember any team, for any school doing this.

Makes it very clear (to me at least) the relationship between the players and coach is not only one of respect,  but also of friendship and admiration.

Go Hoosiers.

Tom Crean impression:

Head Spin GIF - Little Nicky Head Spin Adam Sandler GIFs

Archie Miller impression:

Sad Look Leon Geller GIF - Sad Look Leon Geller Leon The Pig Farmer GIFs

Have to jump on here on the mike Woodson and staff and say I think we should be beyond pleased with what has occurred so far. I am not totally sold on his in game coaching yet but everything else is impressive so far. We were dead. Many respectable posters on here stated you can't bring a program back just like that and I believe them and Woodson has really done an amazing job at doing it in short order. I did not like the hire but wow was I wrong lol. Not sure about the future but feels like the culture has changed. Feels like old iu is back just by his uniting of passed recent past and future. Imo ot has paid off even more than I thought but I feel the difference is these kids buy in to past success means they need to relate? Something i b think other coaches tried to separate from and re create on their own. Long rant sorry but Woodson has really done a remarkable job so far imo. Yep bowling night I am drunk lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

What I saw last night was effort to be proud of. Many things (foul discrepancy a big one) didn't go IU's way but there was no head hanging, letting up on defense or trying to make up for mistakes with something even dumber aside from X's half court foul after whatever that was on previous possession. I have been concerned with the shooting progression of this team and still am but what I am not concerned about is the pride this team is taking on the defensive end, in one another and the program. It starts with Woody but I get this feeling that we have some grown men on this team that are determined for this team to succeed. 2 of them are TJD and X. I will take these 2 as far as PG/C combos over every other combo. They may not be the best there is but they have the desire and determination that can do great things. I really hope this team does some special things this year. This post provides nothing and was completely unnecessary but my wife and daughters don't care what I have to say about IU so I figured I'd throw it here.