Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Chris Beard (Texas Tech)

ALL COACHING THREADS ARE FOR THE COACH IN THE TITLE. MUCH LIKE RECRUITING THREADS, ON THESE THREADS WE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCING STAYING ON-TOPIC. POSTS WILL BE HIDDEN AND REPEAT OFFENDERS WILL BE SENT PACKING. 

Discuss. 

Beard would fit IU I think. Many who want Crean type of offense back wouldn't like his offense I'm afraid. Although his offense could possibly be more potent with better talent?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I think I saw someone say today that Beard would listen to IU about the job. I think it was Peegs. I don't know how to feel about this last two conference finishes. 9-9 last year and 9-8 this year. 

But, the last time they held the NCAA tournament his team played in the championship game...

I’ve said it from day one, I don’t see him coming here. He’s never coached north of Missouri. 

He’s in Bloomington right now checking it out I’m sure. This could be a splashy hire but I could see this being another Archie moment..

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I think I saw someone say today that Beard would listed to IU about the job. I think it was Peegs. I don't know how to feel about this last two conference finishes. 9-9 last year and 9-8 this year. 

But, the last time they held the NCAA tournament his team played in the championship game...

You should feel concerned. 

I wouldn't be upset if we hired Beard but I don't get the admiration some have for him. I get the Knight connection and understand it but outside of those two years, he's been mediocre. 

Not a home run hire, IMO.

2 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

You should feel concerned. 

I wouldn't be upset if we hired Beard but I don't get the admiration some have for him. I get the Knight connection and understand it but outside of those two years, he's been mediocre. 

Not a home run hire, IMO.

I honestly don't pay attention to TT or the Big 12 so I don't know why his teams have struggled the past two years. Maybe his two good years were mirages, idk. I think it would definitely be seen as a home run hire by the college basketball world even if it isn't one, though. 

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I see a reality where Beard is on our sideline next season. A year ago, people would’ve been dancing in the streets and now I think there would be a similar reaction to when Archie was hired. A lot can change in a year. 

This

I had a dream last night Chris beard was hired. Not sure what that means

I do know that if he is indeed hired I would be ecstatic. I love his personality, especially on the sidelines.

If not Brad, he is a close second and honestly there isn’t a close third. So it’s good to hear the rumor that he will listen if IU offers.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Beard is Dolson's first choice. Beilein is 2nd. Stevens has already told him no.  Nothing can happen with Beard until after Texas Tech is out of the tournament.
I tend to agree

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It was pretty clever of Dolson to get Beard in for an on site "interview"/game at Assembly Hall this week.  I wonder if TT is staying in Bloomington or in Indy.  

Assuming the news on Stevens is close to accurate and perhaps you at a minimum have Brad considering the opportunity to coach IU I wonder what interaction Dolson is having with prospects 2, 3 and 4.  Since they are in a bubble i guess Dolson cannot really meet with Beard right so I guess he would still be talking with his agent but there has to be some contact with the ADs office to coordinate practice time etc.   

We could do so much worse that Beard.  In fact, while Stevens is my first choice I think Beard would be an incredible hire for IU.  

13 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I think I saw someone say today that Beard would listen to IU about the job. I think it was Peegs. I don't know how to feel about this last two conference finishes. 9-9 last year and 9-8 this year. 

It isn't like the the Big 12 is a garbage conference these days.  Last year that 9-9 conference record was tied for 3rd.  This year 9-8 was tied for 6th.  7 Big 12 teams are in the dance this year.  Pretty tough conference that plays a balanced regular season schedule.

2 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Beard is Dolson's first choice. Beilein is 2nd. Stevens has already told him no.  Nothing can happen with Beard until after Texas Tech is out of the tournament.

Honky has spoken. He has never been wrong with his guarantees, we should listen.