Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

“I don’t know why you guys keep asking me this. My answer is the same. I’m the head basketball coach of the Boston Celtics and my focus is to turn this season...nothing else”

It may be over, but that is almost Nick Saban verbatim before taking the Alabama job.

I will say this though, if we missed out on him, Indiana's AD needs to get a lid on the rumor mill because this would account for two times when a rumor got out of hand and if this holds, it really throws a cloud on whomever gets picked for the job.

That being said, we have not hired anyone and denials like this have been issued before.  So we chill out and see what happens.

I never really saw him resigning mid season anyway. So I think it’s still possible he coaches the rest of the year then comes. He would have to respond this way to get the media off his back if that was the case. Maybe that’s me living in denial. Who knows 

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

It’s a free board if posters want to say that fine.   It’s up to each poster to either listen to them or gather as much information from all places and make their own decision 

It’s also a discussion board so if you don’t like criticism don’t post your fantasies and call them fact. I get that it’s fun to have “insiders” post info we all want to hear, but if I say Rob is the best PG in IU history, you and the other mods aren’t going to echo your statement when everyone tells me I’m an idiot. 

Welp. That stinks. I am glad we made him say no, I don’t think Glass even tried more than a phone call last time. I still believe Dolson is committed to getting the best possible coach. Now, no more Brad talk ever, let’s get someone who wants to be here. This isn’t the death knell of IU basketball, just a blip. Cheers mates. 

Just now, ap2345 said:

You guys act like coaches never lie 

Sure.. it's possible he is pulling a Saban. But from what we know about BS, it certainly seems unlikely that he would answer that strongly against the question and then go back on his word shortly later. I mean he called himself a Masshole and bragged about rooting for the Patriots.

I think its obvious there was a lot of smoke and that he was considering it, but it's not unreasonable to lose hope after that.

1 minute ago, hper50 said:

I never really saw him resigning mid season anyway. So I think it’s still possible he coaches the rest of the year then comes. He would have to respond this way to get the media off his back if that was the case. Maybe that’s me living in denial. Who knows 

Very doubtful that IU wants to wait till June to have a coach in place.