Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

It’s just the way it works.  Celtics gotta figure out who’s the interim coach, need to figure out his contract with the Celtics as in how to void or whatever.  Lots of legal hoops to jump through is what I’m told.  I personally don’t know, not close to a lawyer

Yeah they might’ve just run out of time to wrap this up before everyone needed to focus on tonight’s game. Let BS coach tonight, if he’s asked about the IU job he’ll say he addressed it earlier this week, maybe work out the details tomorrow when they’re off before they play again Sunday.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

The fact that Vegas took Stevens off the list is about as telling of a sign as anyone should honestly need.  They aren’t in the business of losing money.

Guess my brain is thinking if he's taken off the list that means the odds are so astronomical it isn't worth it? Help a non-gambler!

11 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Bought some decent bourbon yesterday.  Gonna crack it regardless.  Because, IU is going to welcome Brad Stevens as the new head coach.  It is a done deal says others.  Just figuring out how to exit and when over there in Bean Town.

Watching OSU fumble it away.  Texas Tech looked lots better in the 2nd half.  Enjoyed Izzo giving the hairy eyeball to players after MSU's loss yesterday.

Lots of discussions on Celtic's fan forums about pros and cons of Brad Stevens' coaching job of the Celtics.

Go IU!   

New drinking game...take a sip every time there is a turnover in a game and when you read an interesting tidbit about Brad Stevens.

Been to that resort in Boca.  InLaws stayed there.   I couldn't.  Stayed in a place called the Ventura just south of it.

Dave I did the same thing one time when the Hoosiers played. The only difference was I took a shot every time they missed. I was plastered at the 16 minute mark and out of booze by the mid point of the first half.

I will never do that again!

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

The fact that Vegas took Stevens off the list is about as telling of a sign as anyone should honestly need.  They aren’t in the business of losing money.

All that says is that IU fans are betting on that. They try to keep as much money on each side of the bet and if it starts piling up on one side, they can just remove it

5 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

The month June was thrown around earlier by 0708 (I think). My guess they will deny this till end of the season if he is truly coming. 

I can't imagine the circus this will be if it dragged on for 2+ MONTHS.

No way that happens. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierTownie said:

WOW, incredible news, hope it all turns out as expected.  Going to celebrate like it's happening, not going to worry about Goodman and the others, it's Friday, Brad Stevens will be our new head coach so I've got more important decisions to make....

image.thumb.png.103fc1bf48bf7e195bbe72cea1ab0f79.png

I am soooo jealous.

Goodman is playing the game. He's worded things in a way now that he can easily say this was so tight-lipped nobody knew. But he knows who is paying attention....Indiana fans. He does a thing every once in a while where he rates the most annoying fanbases. The best way to get a bunch of people running to comment at you and get yourself a bunch of attention is to tell an entire fanbase they are annoying. If he's right, he's right and he wins. If he's wrong, he can just say nobody knows and he'll have tons of IU fans crushing him on twitter, then we become one of his most annoying fanbases, which keeps us coming. Goodman gets his attention and clicks, he wins. 

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

All that says is that IU fans are betting on that. They try to keep as much money on each side of the bet and if it starts piling up on one side, they can just remove it

That only happens when LARGE amounts of money are bet and that should tell you something else.  I have a good friend who’s a former bookie.  I may not know lawyer stuff but I know gambling. :)

2 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Guess my brain is thinking if he's taken off the list that means the odds are so astronomical it isn't worth it? Help a non-gambler!

Vegas wants to make money, meaning they want people to lose money betting. If people want to waste money on things that have no chance of hitting Vegas is fine with that. 

taking the odds down means they had so many incoming bets they needed time to adjust the odds. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Vegas wants to make money, meaning they want people to lose money betting. If people want to waste money on things that have no chance of hitting Vegas is fine with that. 

taking the odds down means they had so many incoming bets they needed time to adjust the odds. 

thank you!

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

You said it better than I could’ve.  It’s not just a few signatures and done.  And he is still under contract so that slows it down as well.  Stop listening to national guys until Woj’s drops his bomb.  Notice he hasn’t come out and said Brad Stevens has zero interest in the IU job.

Yup.

Woj and Shams haven't said a word. They aren't in the speculation business like 99% of national sports reporters. When they speak, it's facts. 

sorry, but if this is truly a done deal, then there would be no reason for denials, etc.  It would be in everyone's best interest to move forward with the pieces they have.  For the Celtics, they would want an interim that can begin to 'prove himself'.  For IU, they would want to get started with new coach - putting staff together, recruits, etc.  For Brad, he would want to mentally begin his new gig and begin on IU business.  I believe the insiders, but the whole idea that this is 'done', but eveyrone is going to pretend it isn't for a while makes zero sense.