Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 hour ago, IUHAHN81 said:

My opinion is donors don't pony up the buyout money unless it's an Indiana guy or Brad. 

Sadly, "Indiana guy" is almost certainly Alford... and just so y'all understand, Brad Stevens > "Indiana guy". It's not even close.

7 minutes ago, Teague said:

LOL. No deal. Also, there's a misconception about Alabama basketball. No, we're not a blue blood, but there's always been a very large basketball fan base at Bama. We just haven't had much to cheer about in a long time. Most people don't realize we're second only to kentucky in SEC wins. Granted arkansas came on board very late.

Definitely didn’t realize that. Sucks that you’ll have to try to stay in 2nd place without Nate Oats as your coach. Go dust off your Heismans, crystal footballs, and CFP trophies or something. 

WAR EAGLE

It’s gonna be Steve Alford.

1.BFF with Scott D

2.Salary will be modest

3.Its time to try IU Guy

1987 team made me fall in love with Indiana basketball. I just want to win again and I’m good with Alford. I’m not against other coaches to me it just seems like this is gonna be his chance.

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Definitely didn’t realize that. Sucks that you’ll have to try to stay in 2nd place without Nate Oats as your coach. Go dust off your Heismans, crystal footballs, and CFP trophies or something. 

WAR EAGLE

There's too many! We had to hire a cleaning service for that.

Anyway, like I said, stay away from Oats. He's no good anyway.

You guys have fun.

Just now, HoosierBoiler said:

1.BFF with Scott D

2.Salary will be modest

3.Its time to try IU Guy

1987 team made me fall in love with Indiana basketball. I just want to win again and I’m good with Alford. I’m not against other coaches to me it just seems like this is gonna be his chance.

Your screen name is giving me an aneurysm. haha

11 minutes ago, HoosierBoiler said:

1.BFF with Scott D

2.Salary will be modest

3.Its time to try IU Guy

I pray to the heavens you are wrong, sir. 

It would not surprise me if our chicken **** admin came up with $10m to buyout Archie only to replace him with Alford. Dakich was saying hire Alford for 1m/year (I guess he's only making $500k/year right now). I don't get it. Horrible idea IMO

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Donors didn't pony up $10 million to hire Steve Alford.

I keep having this running thru my head. I just feel that agreeing to put up $10 mil was only gonna be for someone special. 

15 minutes ago, Teague said:

There's too many! We had to hire a cleaning service for that.

Anyway, like I said, stay away from Oats. He's no good anyway.

You guys have fun.

You’re a good time. Stick around a while, we have fun around here.