Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs MSU Game Thread 1/23 8:30 FS1

Wait, Maryland and Nebraska have only played one game against ranked teams?!  How in the hell have they done that?

It’s why Ap rankings are kind of pointless and misleading
Losses @ seton hall, @iowa, @penn st, @wisky,
Played Marquette on neutral and won
Played Ohio St and won

Maybe some of those teams were not ranked when they played them but there are some really good teams that Maryland has played

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Was working tonight, so didn't get to see much of the game. Just listened to Archie's and Izzy's post-game pressers ... Man, Izzy is one angry, bitter old cuss at us, and I'm guessing it's because we fired his buddy, Crean. He's probably pissed about that on two fronts: 1) They're friends; 2) He probably figured that nine times out of 10, he could beat Crean. 

He said that tonight, a kid who hits 12 percent makes the 3 to put us ahead. I'm presuming he's referring to Al? He wasn't shooting great, but was better than 12 percent. ... And he said MSU has to take everyone's best shots and everywhere they go, it's a sellout and the fact that our fans were supposed to wear red shirts was, essentially, a tribute to how tough MSU is -- because those kinds of promotions are usually reserved for weekends. Huh? 

Last year, he fussed about injuries after both games and fussed about how a crummy shooter like Justin Smith went off during the game in Bloomington. 

I just went back and watched the ending. Not only was there nothing close to a foul after they missed, but the whistle isn't even heard until 0.2. I have no idea how the officials determined 1) How there was a foul, or 2) Why the clock should say 0.6 instead of 0.2, unless they realized MSU needed more than 0.2 to get one last shot off. 

Just a very bizarre, even shady, sequence there. 

Was working tonight, so didn't get to see much of the game. Just listened to Archie's and Izzy's post-game pressers ... Man, Izzy is one angry, bitter old cuss at us, and I'm guessing it's because we fired his buddy, Crean. He's probably pissed about that on two fronts: 1) They're friends; 2) He probably figured that nine times out of 10, he could beat Crean. 
He said that tonight, a kid who hits 12 percent makes the 3 to put us ahead. I'm presuming he's referring to Al? He wasn't shooting great, but was better than 12 percent. ... And he said MSU has to take everyone's best shots and everywhere they go, it's a sellout and the fact that our fans were supposed to wear red shirts was, essentially, a tribute to how tough MSU is -- because those kinds of promotions are usually reserved for weekends. Huh? 

Last year, he fussed about injuries after both games and fussed about how a crummy shooter like Justin Smith went off during the game in Bloomington. 

He was talking about Franklin hitting the shot to tie it up

Who the F wants a chicken sandwich anyway? Lol

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Did you see all those videos of people fighting over chicken sandwiches? Is a beef over a chicken sandwich called a cockfight? Like Wendy’s, Popeyes and Chick-Fil-A had?

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Did you see all those videos of people fighting over chicken sandwiches? Is a beef over a chicken sandwich called a cockfight? Like Wendy’s, Popeyes and Chick-Fil-A had?

Popeye’s spicy chicken is amazing.  It has no business being a fast food sandwich.

6 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Izzo confused Franklin with Durham.  Before he only referred to our guys by numbers.  Now he had the numbers wrong.

31 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Izzo REALLY doesn’t care for Archie Miller.

Went that whole presser without referring to CAM once. The blow by handshake. And the there’s that whole replacing his buddy CTC thing.

Makes me like CAM more...