Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Tough decision for those final spots tomorrow.

I see 29 that I would consider at large bid locks:  Purdue, Houston, UNC, Tennessee, Arizona, Marquette, Baylor, Creighton, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Alabama, BYU, San Diego State, South Carolina, Texas Tech, Wisconsin, Utah State, Clemson, Nevada, Florida, Washington State, Gonzaga, Dayton, Boise State,Texas, Nebraska, Colorado State, Northwestern.

For 7 spots:  Florida Atlantic, TCU, Oklahoma, Mississippi State, Michigan State, Colorado, St. John's, Indiana State, Virginia, Texas A&M, Seton Hall, Providence, Pittsburgh.

Personally:

Florida Atlantic:  in.  Were easily up the cut line prior to their bad loss today.  Could possibly slip into the first four if the committee takes that loss from today into account but seem them slipping out of the tournament

TCU:  an enigma.  21-12 record good enough.  11 of 12 losses are quad 1;  16 of their 32 games were quad 1.  But horrible non-conference SOS 357 on POM.  But think the # of quad 1 games plus only one quad 2 loss no Q3 or 4 keeps them in.

Oklahoma:  basically in the exact same boat as TCU.  Think they are in.

Colorado:  24-10 is good enough.  While bracket matrix does not have them being very safe, I have them in.

Michigan State:  Pains me, but I think the committee puts them in.  Excellent NET and POM will get them in despite a 19-14 record.

Down to two more teams.  Don't think Indiana State makes it.  Just too many things didn't go there way in the conference tournaments.  Pittsburgh's two Q3 losses and don't think they have enough eye catching wins to survive the cut.  Virginia....I personally like their resume more than I think the NCAA will.  Did beat Florida and Texas A&M but lack any real impressive wins.  

Don't to Seton Hall, Providence, St. John's, Texas A&M and Mississippi State.  Two spots left.  Remove A&M first.  Two from the group of Seton Hall, Providence, St. John's and Mississippi State......I am going with St. John's and Mississippi State.  Seton Hall and Providence out.

Last four byes:  Northwestern, Colorado, TCU, Oklahoma.

Last four in:  Florida Atlantic, Michigan State, St. John's, Mississippi State.  Last team in -- Mississippi State.

First four out:  Virginia, Seton Hall, Providence, Indiana State.  First team out -- Virginia.

9 hours ago, johnsoniu said:

Oregon steals a bid, ISU is probably screwed. This day couldn’t have broke much worse for them.

Grambling and Long Beach St about to lock up bids. Grand Canyon up to finish off the day.

Lopes Up!

Definitely the worst year possible for ISU on the bubble. NC State and Oregon steal bids. UAB or Temple will steal one today.

12 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

On Monday, Long Beach State fires coach Dan Monson (formerly at Minnesota). 

On Saturday, the Beach wins the Big West -- with Monson still at the helm. 

Awkward ... 

I love it!

12 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

On Monday, Long Beach State fires coach Dan Monson (formerly at Minnesota). 

On Saturday, the Beach wins the Big West -- with Monson still at the helm. 

Awkward ... 

Wait, are you saying that if we had fired Woodson we would have won the B1G?