Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

4 minutes ago, PartyintheVillas said:

It would have been nice to have McNeely still and be looking for a pass first, defense first PG to get the ball to Galloway, McNeely, Mbako, and Reneau for open 3's. This team needs an elite defensive PG more than offense. Once our backcourt D is broken down, we're going to be ugly with Reneau and Mbako guarding the 3-5.

Love the screen name! I lived at 376 Varsity Lane back when puppies were the oldest animals on earth

8 minutes ago, PartyintheVillas said:

It would have been nice to have McNeely still and be looking for a pass first, defense first PG to get the ball to Galloway, McNeely, Mbako, and Reneau for open 3's. This team needs an elite defensive PG more than offense. Once our backcourt D is broken down, we're going to be ugly with Reneau and Mbako guarding the 3-5.

I'd be surprised if we play Reneau at the 5. I expect Woodson will land a couple of centers from the portal and another 4 to be Reneau's backup.

6 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I'd be surprised if we play Reneau at the 5. I expect Woodson will land a couple of centers from the portal and another 4 to be Reneau's backup.

This is what I am expecting.

MM will play the 3 and Reneau will play the 4.

IU picks up at least 2 front court players. One being a rim protector and the starting 5. The other comes off the bench to back up the 4/5.

IU then picks up 2 guards. One will be starting point and the other some form of a shooter that will come off the bench.

IU must bring in an All Big Ten level point guard that’s a threat from deep. It’s an absolute must if IU is going to make the NCAA next year. 

21 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

What makes you think this isn’t the plan?

I'm acknowledging that it would be a terrible plan if that's the route we take. Simply cannot play two bigs for extended minutes in this day in age of college basketball and expect to consistently win. It's maddening. 

22 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

What makes you think this isn’t the plan?

I tend to agree. We have three years of data on how Woodson teams play. I have heard nothing from him to suggest he's changed his philosophy.

(Not what I want to happen, but what I expect)

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

accumulated those numbers against bad competition as an undersized guard at EKY.   The 3 point percentage is 34%.  maybe that number stays similar as he is a good free throw shooter but everything else will be harder for him.  

The good thing for him? The Big Ten is likely to be even worse than it was this past season. Especially with the additions of 4 bad/mediocre basketball programs in UCLA, USC, Washington and Oregon.

8 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I'm acknowledging that it would be a terrible plan if that's the route we take. Simply cannot play two bigs for extended minutes in this day and age of college basketball and expect to consistently win. It's maddening. 

If Woodson changes what he has done the last 3 years and goes 4 out 1 in with MM at the 4, picks up 2 shooters along with a solid point, IU could be very good next year. I just don’t see it happening. Prove me wrong Mike….please?  lol

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The good thing for him? The Big Ten is likely to be even worse than it was this past season. Especially with the additions of 4 bad/mediocre basketball programs in UCLA, USC, Washington and Oregon.

True. Diluting the conference product for $ - sad

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Rabby reporting Leland Walker highly likely to visit soon. Also looking at visiting DePaul. 

I think Walker would be a perfect piece. 

-multiple years of eligibility remaining

-strong proven skills (not an athlete we are hoping can turn into a basketball player)

-Indiana kid who will be willing to come off the bench

-NIL discount for being so close to his home. We will need to budget wisely to go big $ on our top targets.

18 minutes ago, Go_Hoosiers said:

I think Walker would be a perfect piece. 

-multiple years of eligibility remaining

-strong proven skills (not an athlete we are hoping can turn into a basketball player)

-Indiana kid who will be willing to come off the bench

-NIL discount for being so close to his home. We will need to budget wisely to go big $ on our top targets.

Well we don’t know he would be willing to come off the bench. If he were willing to come and compete for minutes whether starting or supporting he would be a nice fit it seems.