Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

The more I think about it the more I think it would be worse than last year. At least last season Ware could step out and hit a 3 or jumper. Ballo can't do anything other than clog the paint. Hard pass for me, also because he would demand a huge NIL deal. Let another team empty their NIL on him not us
Sounds like he will take 5 visits including North Carolina so lots of competition. My guess is he will want top dollar.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The more I think about it the more I think it would be worse than last year. At least last season Ware could step out and hit a 3 or jumper. Ballo can't do anything other than clog the paint. Hard pass for me, also because he would demand a huge NIL deal. Let another team empty their NIL on him not us

Only way I see this working is if MR becomes more confident and consistant outside. If MR can be a stretch 4 this would work. I would prefer Ballo over Payne because he is a better rebounder and that is where we have struggled in the past. 

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

What are you talking about Chris? This is Woodson's dream. We don't shoot the 3 point basketball here!

From Mike Schumann -

Visitors with confirmed dates for #iubb in the coming days:

• April 12 – Pharrel Payne (Minnesota)
  • April 14 – Oumar Ballo (Arizona)
  • April 14 – Connor Hickman (Bradley)
  • April 19 – Kanaan Carlyle (Stanford)
  • April 19 – Amari Williams (Drexel)

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Mike Schumann -

Isn't Rice scheduled this weekend?

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Mike Schumann -

Rice is visiting tomorrow as well right 

1 minute ago, maharkn said:

Only way I see this working is if MR becomes more confident and consistant outside. If MR can be a stretch 4 this would work. I would prefer Ballo over Payne because he is a better rebounder and that is where we have struggled in the past. 

Which I think can happen, just not sure it will. I do think Reneau and Mgbako will rebound better next season. That's why I don't think we need to add another big

51 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He's this years Dalton Knecht to me, just not quite as athletic

I guess I  just don't see it.  Knecht was a 20 and 7 guy with much better handles than Humrichous is a guy that is one year removed from being a guy who didn't even dominate at the NAIA level.  He wasn't even named to even the third All-MVC team.  From what I've seen, I love his ability to shoot but he's got holes his game.  Not a good defender and a horrible rebounder, particularly for his size.  Would I take him at IU?  Yes, because he's a big who can't shoot.  But he's not a must have and I can't put him at the top of a transfer list.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Which I think can happen, just not sure it will. I do think Reneau and Mgbako will rebound better next season. That's why I don't think we need to add another big

Woodson is stuck in his Tyson Chandler and Amar'e Stoudemire day and Mgbako is his Melo

Just now, Demo said:

We thinkin’ Auburn?

Yeah if I'm not mistaken he was down to Florida and Auburn. If rumors are true his grades aren't good enough to get into Florida. 

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I guess I  just don't see it.  Knecht was a 20 and 7 guy with much better handles than Humrichous is a guy that is one year removed from being a guy who didn't even dominate at the NAIA level.  He wasn't even named to even the third All-MVC team.  From what I've seen, I love his ability to shoot but he's got holes his game.  Not a good defender and a horrible rebounder, particularly for his size.  Would I take him at IU?  Yes, because he's a big who can't shoot.  But he's not a must have and I can't put him at the top of a transfer list.

I'm not going to fault you. Sometimes people just don't see it. I see things others don't a lot of times. It's a gift.

Or I'm wrong and you will remind me of that in 8 months :-)

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Mike Schumann -

.....could be a big weekend for IU BB.....IF one or two pop after the visit.

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Mike Schumann -

when is Rice coming?