Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Trish said:

Mike Woodson is the man for the job. He has just as many contacts in the NBA than coach Cal. He's been to the tournament twice in three years at Indiana! He's in his prime! Kentucky, you need to reach out to Mike Woodson! 

Man, these jokes just never miss do they? Keep em' comin!

35 minutes ago, Trish said:

Mike Woodson is the man for the job. He has just as many contacts in the NBA than coach Cal. He's been to the tournament twice in three years at Indiana! He's in his prime! Kentucky, you need to reach out to Mike Woodson! 

Someday we'll again have a coach we worry about getting poached every offseason.

That day is unfortunately not today.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Would be an all-time dbag move to leave right after posting this. On to the next one for UK imo. 

This is kinda humorous. A Kentucky fan saw that tweet, figured out what restaurant it was, called it, asked to be put on the phone with the guy wearing the white Baylor polo, then told Drew they needed him in Kentucky. 

https://x.com/KySportsRadio/status/1778119667384459695

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Would be an all-time dbag move to leave right after posting this. On to the next one for UK imo. 

"Hey Coach? Will you be staying for this or would you like it to go?"

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

This is kinda humorous. A Kentucky fan saw that tweet, figured out what restaurant it was, called it, asked to be put on the phone with the guy wearing the white Baylor polo, then told Drew they needed him in Kentucky. 

https://x.com/KySportsRadio/status/1778119667384459695

Perfect timing for it to happen.  Drew mentions to the booster, the booster sees the threat and raises his salary by a million a year.  Ultimate backfire for the Kentuckian

17 minutes ago, Demo said:

Always felt like the play. 

Being from Greene County I doubt that Matthew will be looking for the next job that pays more money. Granted not likely to have the success ISU had this year but they could be consistent with him as a coach knowing he will be there long term.

3 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Who else did they have a legitimate shot at?

No one.  Graves was the only coach.  People don’t understand how big of Trainwreck the athletic department is right now.    No AD and and new President who evidently worked at 2 schools with the last Trainwreck of a President.   Nobody was going to come work there.    Graves is an excellent hire if this is true 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Feels like they just gave up and went "**** it".  I doubt they'll have a winning record under Graves. 

The odds are definitely against him. Will he keep any of the "lay up or 3's only" offense or something else? No matter who the coach was going to be, they are between a rock and a hard place after the last two years. At the same time it is hard to see where their next coach would have came from if it were not Graves. I'll be interested to see how he does there. That is now TWO coaches in D1 from Greene County Indiana. Pretty amazing when you think about it or have lived in that area.

Edited by IH8PU

14 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Holtmann getting the (Butler) band back together.

DePaul is hiring LaVall Jordan as General Manager/Assistant Coach. He’s the former head coach at Butler.

What is the role of these GMs? From what I think, I am not sure how unsuccessful former head coaches would excel in a GM role.  It I may have the wrong expectations 

10 hours ago, 8bucks said:

What is the role of these GMs? From what I think, I am not sure how unsuccessful former head coaches would excel in a GM role.  It I may have the wrong expectations 

I would guess it varies pretty wildly from school to school, but many of the duties would surround NIL and transfers. There is no salary cap,  but nil money is finite,  so basically helping the coach sort out things like players x, y, and z are available.  Player x costs $150k, which means we won't have enough money to also chase player y.