Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

If Moren is smart (and lord knows she is) she may have a gentle convo with her 21 year old player about staying out of an internal front office sh!tstorm on her social media.

Showing support for people that have done a lot to help you is a good quality and her approach was classy

Man some days all you can do is laugh at our institution.  Our athletic department as a whole has been an absolute **** show for all of our lives.  But I don’t think that as far as the institution goes.  But the last 20ish years?  It’s one thing after another.  Forget basketball.  It’s been a joke for 25 years.  Will never not support it, and will be the biggest sunshine pumper there is.  But it’s a **** show.  Anyone suggests otherwise is lying to themselves.  I just have always thought, and been consistent for close to 20 years on these boards it goes way higher and it won’t be fixed for a long time.  Even then how much damage did it take to get there?  There is no exit plan in place after Woody.  We all know it.  It just keeps getting progressively worse in all areas of the University.  I have zero confidence they get anything right.  And I know they read these comments.

On 6/26/2024 at 2:18 PM, OKHOOSIER said:

Figured after seeing the article and listening to the podcast it was time to dust off the old BTB machine. Hope everyone is having a splendid summer. 

Pleasantries out of the way, I have a couple thoughts:

1. Fire Mike Woodson. 
2. HH is a terrible podcast and I care not for them losing their access. 
3. Nothing Eric portrayed from Woody hasn't been said in this thread either by conjecture, or straight from Woody’s mouth. This is who he is, it’s why he’s Mike Woodson, former NBA head coach. 

It is sad to know that all the hypothesizing we did in March that Dolson might actually be a neutered figurehead when it comes to basketball, but it is not at all surprising. 

Anywho, who is excited for Woody to experiment with Ballo and MR on the floor at the same time? That was some exciting news coming out of Hubers. Been wanting to test out using two bigs for a while

Cutting edge concept I wonder how it will play out. 

4 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Man some days all you can do is laugh at our institution.  Our athletic department as a whole has been an absolute **** show for all of our lives.  But I don’t think that as far as the institution goes.  But the last 20ish years?  It’s one thing after another.  Forget basketball.  It’s been a joke for 25 years.  Will never not support it, and will be the biggest sunshine pumper there is.  But it’s a **** show.  Anyone suggests otherwise is lying to themselves.  I just have always thought, and been consistent for close to 20 years on these boards it goes way higher and it won’t be fixed for a long time.  Even then how much damage did it take to get there?  There is no exit plan in place after Woody.  We all know it.  It just keeps getting progressively worse in all areas of the University.  I have zero confidence they get anything right.  And I know they read these comments.

At least after 30 years of pretending to be a, holier than thou, program while losing in all major sports we’ve finally decided to spend some money and try to take advantage of our advantages.  

Now it’s Smart money-makes money.  Let’s see how we perform as a top 10 spender. Absolutely zero excuse in BB now.  Except last year they failed miserably despite the same advantages being present and not utilizing them, then proclaimed it’s everyone else fault except their own. And anyone that tries to place blame where it belongs gets chastised, attacked, de-platformed and sent to basketball purgatory because they don’t follow blindly the leaders of New Indiana. 

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

He's going to be the stand in the deep corner guy watching the two bigs clog the lane.  

I mean, if the bigs can dominate 1v1s and kick accurately and on time when doubles present, it should work.  One of the few things I liked last year with our offense was some of the 2 man game, high/low stuff from Reneau/Ware. I hated practically everything else from pace, shot selection, movement, etc ABCs of basketball. 

Carlyle and Rice are getting a lot of hype. Please for the love of god play some uptempo, transition, fast paced full court hoop.  Get 1 big down the court early like Zeller use to excel at.  And that’s how you utilize your bigs and create tempo. 

7 hours ago, AH1971 said:

Yes. This was a calculated hit. This conversation happened in early April, they released nearly 10 podcasts between that time and now. Hell, they had Scott Dolson on a podcast AFTER the meeting took place. Two self-absorbing DBags looking to make it all about them one more time before (hopefully) going quietly in the night. 

Eric said the Woodson meeting happened in May, not April. Scott Dolson podcast was released on April 30th as well so it sounds like there was a gap between the podcast and the in person conversation. 

8 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

You can believe the main points of an account of a conversation that happened a month ago without taking every single line as gospel. This specific part of Eric's pity party would probably be best taken with a grain of salt, imo.

None of us will ever be able to confirm if Woodson said that exactly. But it sounds like a statement from someone who talks in Third Person 70% of the time would make. Frankly he’s hinted at this  thought this season before. 

On 6/26/2024 at 3:18 PM, OKHOOSIER said:

Figured after seeing the article and listening to the podcast it was time to dust off the old BTB machine. Hope everyone is having a splendid summer. 

Pleasantries out of the way, I have a couple thoughts:

1. Fire Mike Woodson. 
2. HH is a terrible podcast and I care not for them losing their access. 
3. Nothing Eric portrayed from Woody hasn't been said in this thread either by conjecture, or straight from Woody’s mouth. This is who he is, it’s why he’s Mike Woodson, former NBA head coach. 

It is sad to know that all the hypothesizing we did in March that Dolson might actually be a neutered figurehead when it comes to basketball, but it is not at all surprising. 

Anywho, who is excited for Woody to experiment with Ballo and MR on the floor at the same time? That was some exciting news coming out of Hubers. Been wanting to test out using two bigs for a while. 

100% what many of us have been trying to say!!!!  Like every word and it needs to be the premise behind the Fire Mike Woodson thread!

FIRE MIKE WOODSON!!!!

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I mean, if the bigs can dominate 1v1s and kick accurately and on time when doubles present, it should work.  One of the few things I liked last year with our offense was some of the 2 man game, high/low stuff from Reneau/Ware. I hated practically everything else from pace, shot selection, movement, etc ABCs of basketball. 

Carlyle and Rice are getting a lot of hype. Please for the love of god play some uptempo, transition, fast paced full court hoop.  Get 1 big down the court early like Zeller use to excel at.  And that’s how you utilize your bigs and create tempo. 

Yeah, I don't get why people ever thought that Ballo and Reneau wouldn't be on the court together.  The key is what you said -- need them to kick accurately and on time.  Ballo isn't a high touch player anyway -- gets quite a few of his points on put backs.

What I do really like about the team is the options that are available.  While Reneau and Ballo will start, they are going to have to be staggered some so that both aren't on the court sometimes.  Mgbako can man the 4 in those situations and there are certainly some pretty damn good options at the 1, 2, and 3.

On 6/26/2024 at 5:55 PM, Truthhurts said:

The fact that he refused to deliver the news via phone was juvenile but it’s like the 9th most childish thing he did that was revealed in that podcast. Whether they flew in specifically for this or not, who cares? The fact is he’s an egomaniac moron with the self awareness of a child. He has way more important things to do than to seek revenge against a podcaster for calling him stubborn.  And setting all that aside, strategically it makes no sense for him to do this. Yet he did it any way because he’s both too stupid and too self absorbed to resist. 

Mike Woodson is a loser. Period. 

Most people want to be fired in person and not over the phone. Pro sports organizations gets ripped if they cut a player over the phone or that player gets the news in the media.

What I find funny is what we criticize Woodson for, we as fans has those same characteristics. We say he is stubborn, bitter, he won't change is pretty much describes us as well no matter what side you are on. The people who wanted him fired are so bitter and won't move on and will be er change their minds no matter what happens next year. I made it clear what I wanted to happen after the season but it didn't happen. After a few weeks I got over it and moved on and it would be nice if everyone who just move on. What good does it do to keep rehashing the same thing over and over again. If we truly want this program to turn it around it would be best for everyone to get behind the program. The division in the fan base only makes things worse.

2 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

HH are NOT employees of IU or Woodson despite what Woodson and, apparently, you seem to believe. Making him come to Bloomington for this to happen was a power play Woodson used to to stroke his own ego.

They pretty much got fired from their position within the program