Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

10 hours ago, ronzo4IU said:

What’s wrong with waiting to talk face-to-face if Eric was coming to Bloomington anyways?  

You say things have been “revealed” in the podcast…when maybe nothing was “revealed” in the podcast except for conjecture and bitterness and swaying the truth for his sounding board. (lol)  That does exist a lot in our modern society you know via new age communication…text and emails and social media  blah blah blah.

The fact there were supposedly 3 men in the room, and the other 2 haven't denied or discredited any of it, has to say something about the legitimacy. This story won't go away,  because it affects a hell of a lot more people than the MBB team and HH. They could have met in the middle, and decided to do all of the scheduled events for the fans, then cut ties before the season. Bad optics.

Winning cures everything!?

6 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Not by Moren and that is what matters. Woodson has zero say over the women’s team even if he thinks he does

There’s a zero percent chance that Woodson has even the slightest clue who Sydney Parrish is. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The people questioning the legitimacy of Eric’s story confuse me.  Everything in the story matches what we know about Woodson to a T, including not knowing Dane Fine’s or Michael Wilbon’s names. 

I have never listened to their podcast, only read the summary posted in this thread. But I agree, their story fits with the things Woodson said publicly down the stretch last season, so I don't see any reason to not believe them.

The only part that I found surprising was "I am the coach here until I say so", said directly in front of Dolson. I had no doubt that Woodson felt that way. But if he really said that in front of his boss, the dynamic in the athletic department is worse than I realized.

9 minutes ago, Shooter said:

The only part that I found surprising was "I am the coach here until I say so"

You can believe the main points of an account of a conversation that happened a month ago without taking every single line as gospel. This specific part of Eric's pity party would probably be best taken with a grain of salt, imo.

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

You can believe the main points of an account of a conversation that happened a month ago without taking every single line as gospel. This specific part of Eric's pity party would probably be best taken with a grain of salt, imo.

Yes. This was a calculated hit. This conversation happened in early April, they released nearly 10 podcasts between that time and now. Hell, they had Scott Dolson on a podcast AFTER the meeting took place. Two self-absorbing DBags looking to make it all about them one more time before (hopefully) going quietly in the night. 

Bad look for all involved (Woody, Scott and frick and frack). Optics are poor but this mess won’t mean anything to the “regular”, and/or most, fans if we reach the Elite 8 for the second time in the last 30 years. 

Am I willing to bet $$$$ that we will make the Elite 8….hell no, but looking forward to see what happens.

45 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don't think so because HH is still working with the women's program plus soccer and volleyball

If Moren is smart (and lord knows she is) she may have a gentle convo with her 21 year old player about staying out of an internal front office sh!tstorm on her social media.

1 hour ago, J34 said:

The fact there were supposedly 3 men in the room, and the other 2 haven't denied or discredited any of it, has to say something about the legitimacy. This story won't go away,  because it affects a hell of a lot more people than the MBB team and HH. They could have met in the middle, and decided to do all of the scheduled events for the fans, then cut ties before the season. Bad optics.

Winning cures everything!?

Depends how you define winning.  To me, we need to win the B1G and make a very deep tourney run.  That's the best case scenario.  2nd best case is it's another bad season and Woody gets canned.  Absolute worst case scenario is something in the middle...3-4 in the B1G and a S16 blowout.  No one is happy but Woody and QB and Woody gets more time.  

57 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The people questioning the legitimacy of Eric’s story confuse me.  Everything in the story matches what we know about Woodson to a T, including not knowing Dane Fine’s or Michael Wilbon’s names. 

And including a former great player. The " bridge" CMW was supposed to bring to the program, is slowly burning. He is heading down the same path that led to RMK's dismissal. 

11 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Depends how you define winning.  To me, we need to win the B1G and make a very deep tourney run.  That's the best case scenario.  2nd best case is it's another bad season and Woody gets canned.  Absolute worst case scenario is something in the middle...3-4 in the B1G and a S16 blowout.  No one is happy but Woody and QB and Woody gets more time.  

Thus the question mark at the end. This roster says there shouldn't be any gray area. Win at home, beat the hell out of inferior teams, win roads games you should, and be in games to win, against ranked/good teams on the road or neutral sites. We have enough talent and experience, that we can win despite the coaching. 

32 minutes ago, J34 said:

And including a former great player. The " bridge" CMW was supposed to bring to the program, is slowly burning. He is heading down the same path that led to RMK's dismissal. 

Seems to me that there are questions about things, sure.  But a lot of the comments also seem out of context and/or mere speculation.

Dolson probably did tell Woodson that the job is his until he doesn't want it anymore.  (And it is understood by the two that that means until the contract runs it's course, or until the AD changes his mind and lets Woodson know otherwise.) That would be SOP.

Reminds me of the game telephone.  Child is to whisper in the ear a message.  Then the 2nd child whispers the message to 3rd.  And so on...  at the end, it is highly likely that the message is completely different.

I am looking forward to enjoying the upcoming season with Coach Woodson.  I wish them all well.

And yes, it may just head down the drain.  And in paraphrasing what a HOF coach once said:

If it is inevitable, relax and enjoy it.