Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, tyappleg said:

Just now catching up on all this.  I'm sure it's been said somewhere... but...

Two things can be true. Both the HH's and Mike Woodson can suck.

I am not a fan of the HH podcast. I think most of the time, they suck.  I am not that bothered by their access getting revoked, it happens.  

But it takes an extremely little man to fly somebody in town from LA to have a conversation like that, instead of doing it by email or zoom call.  Mike Woodson is softer than baby **** with an ego the size of the Grand Canyon.  This was the big guy putting down the little guy in the most humilating way possible. It's toxic behavior and gives credence to some of the rumors that were flying around at the end of last year. 

He has the right friends to get him millions of dollars to build him the best team possible in his eyes.  And I wish the team nothing but success and will cheer for their success. But that doesn't mean I have to like Mike Woodson to do so. 

My guess is IU has a pretty good year; A top 25 team with a good chance to make the sweet 16, and that will be enough to keep the millions flowing in for the next 5 years for Woodson.  Barring something catastrophic, it's going to be a while before IU has a new basketball coach. 

Mike Woodson will be the coach as long as Mike Woodson wants to be the coach!  

I think we should make and market two shirts:

1) 2024-2025 - IU Basketball, the best team money can buy!

2) A picture of Mike Woodson’s head with the general prohibition sign, or informally the no symbol, or what we know as a circle-backslash symbol

lol

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Guys:

Disagree.

Disagree strongly.

But pls refrain from ending those posts with a personal attack on the posters you are disagreeing with.

Thanks

I strongly disagree!  Lol. Welcome to the summer doldrums!  Thank god for Assembly Ball and the Olympics.  And we do have the British Open left for people to loose their minds over its Scotty or Bryson.

23 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

I strongly disagree!  Lol. Welcome to the summer doldrums!  Thank god for Assembly Ball and the Olympics.  And we do have the British Open left for people to loose their minds over its Scotty or Bryson.

Amen and hallelujah!

Especially for Assembly Ball, to be televised on the B1G Network.

1 hour ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Figured after seeing the article and listening to the podcast it was time to dust off the old BTB machine. Hope everyone is having a splendid summer. 

Pleasantries out of the way, I have a couple thoughts:

1. Fire Mike Woodson. 
2. HH is a terrible podcast and I care not for them losing their access. 
3. Nothing Eric portrayed from Woody hasn't been said in this thread either by conjecture, or straight from Woody’s mouth. This is who he is, it’s why he’s Mike Woodson, former NBA head coach. 

It is sad to know that all the hypothesizing we did in March that Dolson might actually be a neutered figurehead when it comes to basketball, but it is not at all surprising. 

Anywho, who is excited for Woody to experiment with Ballo and MR on the floor at the same time? That was some exciting news coming out of Hubers. Been wanting to test out using two bigs for a while. 

You really just have to laugh at the complete ineptitude of the Indiana administration at this point.  I'm shocked any of these people can find their way to work in the morning if they actually come in.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

How Mike Woodson still has supporters, especially such diehard supporters, is beyond me. In no way does his job performance warrant it. 

And at the end of the day, Mike Woodson would put those folks in the same category as the rest of us non-true fans if they dared to question his job security last spring anything he did. 

fify

3 hours ago, ronzo4IU said:

What if Woodson waited until now because maybe Eric was making a trip to Bloomington anyways at the end of June to have the conversation and didn’t actually force him to jump on a plane to  come specifically to Bloomington to have that conversation?

Also, just because Eric said that Woodson said “I will be the coach as long as I want to be the coach”  doesn’t mean that’s what he actually said…

To me, this scenario seems just as likely considering the source.

The fact that he refused to deliver the news via phone was juvenile but it’s like the 9th most childish thing he did that was revealed in that podcast. Whether they flew in specifically for this or not, who cares? The fact is he’s an egomaniac moron with the self awareness of a child. He has way more important things to do than to seek revenge against a podcaster for calling him stubborn.  And setting all that aside, strategically it makes no sense for him to do this. Yet he did it any way because he’s both too stupid and too self absorbed to resist. 

Mike Woodson is a loser. Period. 

Edited by Truthhurts

Good golly I just got caught up on this stuff.  Can't wait to listen to this podcast.   I am so happy this thread is back fired up!  The Cubs suck.  Football season is not here  yet.   The NBA and NHL are finished for the year.  There is nothing to look forward to each day!  Now I can eagerly wait for replied to this thread!  

2 hours ago, Napleshoosier said:

All in favor of turning this thread into the Bryson’s PR Miracle discussion say “I”.

19 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

All in favor of turning this thread into the Bryson’s PR Miracle discussion say “I”.

Hova just pray Woodson gets a roster with this talent to be remotely fun to watch and can win some games big.  With the Woodson/University stance towards the fanbase it will be beyond bad if he fails this year. He might have to use the injury excuse. Or say, he should have added 1 more big and blame unpredictable roster construction issues. It worked for him this off season to avoid any warranted blame. 

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hova just pray Woodson gets a roster with this talent to be remotely fun to watch and can win some games big.  With the Woodson/University stance towards the fanbase it will be beyond bad if he fails this year. He might have to use the injury excuse. Or say, he should have added 1 more big and blame unpredictable roster construction issues. It worked for him this off season to avoid any warranted blame. 

Or……..he could hire Bryson’s PR team!

(I’m very excited to watch this team. Everything else is just noise to me personally. Life’s too short and whatnot.)

Or……..he could hire Bryson’s PR team!

(I’m very excited to watch this team. Everything else is just noise to me personally. Life’s too short and whatnot.)

I hear that. The PR/Burner strategy they chose worked in a certain capacity but hasn’t endeared Woodson to anyone. If this team is fun to watch that’ll go a long way.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If he fails like last season it will be easy, he gets fired.

If we are really good, also easy. Nobody cares how arrogant you are when you are winning. (Obviously I am rooting for this outcome... I want IU to win way more than I want to be "right" about Woody)

The tough one is the middle outcome. Say we are a 8 seed in the tourney and lose second round... a lot of fans will be frustrated but I'm pretty sure Woodson stays in that scenario.

Kinda ironic. 

For years and years, many IU officials lamented that a basketball coach became, essentially, bigger than the university. 

So they've spent the better part of this century trying to make sure that doesn't happen again. 

Now, they have a coach who seems to want to assume that mantle -- and it's a "disciple" of the last such coach.

And it appears nobody has the cajones to put a stop to it.